Melrose Place: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Melrose PlaceTo no surprise, The CW has cancelled their remake of Melrose Place after just one season and 18 episodes.

The new Melrose Place revolves around the same apartment complex as the 1990s original but largely focuses on a new group of characters. The cast includes Katie Cassidy, Stephanie Jacobsen, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, Shaun Sipos, Colin Egglesfield, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Nicholas Gonzalez, Victor Webster, and Brooke Burns. Appearances by actors Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton, Heather Locklear, Josie Bissett, and Daphne Zuniga help kept ties to the original alive.

In September, despite a lot of promotion, the first episode attracted a small 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.31 million viewers. The numbers fell after that and never came close to even matching the premiere’s. The April 4th episode hit a season low, with a horrific 0.4 rating in the demographic and only .86 million viewers.

Even for The CW, the new Melrose Place’s ratings were absolutely terrible. Though the last episode of the season left many storylines up in the air, there was no way that it was going to be coming back.

Well, the network made it official this week. Melrose Place has been cancelled and won’t be returning for season two.

What do you think? Why didn’t this version catch on? Was it a bad idea from the start? Would it have survived if Heather Locklear signed on at the beginning or was including original characters part of why it failed?

Paola March 14, 2014 at 2:03 am

I LOVED THIS SHOW. BUT I NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT UNTIL NETFLIX!!! YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GO FOR A SECOND SEASON! ITS SO GOOD!!!!

Anonymous March 3, 2014 at 11:34 pm

This show is so good! I never even heard of it until it came on Netflix. Another season would be fantastic, I think more promotion would do the trick! Producers are crazy to continue shows like Gossip Girl but not Melrose Place!

Anonymous March 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm

i agree with you i loved the show. i couldn’t wait to watch season 2. I’m so bummed now.

Anonymous February 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I loved this show! i wish you would bring it back!!

Desiree January 15, 2014 at 6:19 am

This sucks I loved this show I couldn’t stop watching it one after the other (Netflix) I was so mad when I saw it was canceled!

uju November 12, 2013 at 5:58 pm

so sad. how could you guys do this to me? pls bring back the MP…never been in so much suspense lately.

nanya November 12, 2013 at 5:51 pm

awww…so sad you guys canceled it. I’ve never enjoyed any series like MP. pls bring it back cos my eyes are really itching to see more.

Maddison November 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I guess the reason no one enjoyed was because there were too many tv shows on the CW going on at the same time. I seriously had no time to watch any of my shows, with juggling school and all the other tv shows that were on at the same time that trumped over. I finally watched the rest of the season recently… I think that they should bring it back this year because they’ve ended gossip girl, 90210, and one tree hill all at the same time, now they really don’t have much else. They have vampire diaries, originals, and few others that are doing great but I seriously miss things like gossip girl, 90210, and one tree hill. They were my favorite things to watch whenever I got bored, and I would make sure I was home on time to watch it or record it and watch it 30min later so I could skip the commercials. I don’t think people wanted to watch it as much then because they had shows with close to the same idea all going at the same time. Now they could bring it back and I think it would be the best….

Jess March 16, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Exactly! I just finished the season as we speak off netflix and I honestly am still anticipating another season! I say we make a petition for CW to bring it back! Will Jonah and Riley ever rekindle???! What about Ella and her new place in P&K??? THERES TOO MUCH TO MISS! CMON PEOPLE LETS BRING IT BACK FOR THE SAKE OF OUR SANITY!

Shell September 27, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I really enjoyed the storyline, and the guest appearances by the original cast. I can’t believe it’s not coming back. I am so wanting more!!

mandi September 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

the reason the show was not as successful is because they had a whole new show i think it was the original cast members that the made the show so great and the outrages story lines and out their plots that made the show so interesting

Pamela Keo September 13, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Please bring back the show!! I love love love it!! I don’t think its fair that you cancel the show. There are a lot of people here that would really love to see what happens next. Even if your not able to air it at least have it go straight to DVD or Netflix for the fans out there. Please, please bring back season 2!!!

Steph July 29, 2013 at 1:20 am

Bring this show back ! I started watching it recently on Netflix loved it and came to realize you guys cancelled it ! Hope u put it back on tv

vic July 27, 2013 at 9:17 am

I loved this show! The only thing I didn’t like was violet but it had great characters and storyline! Maybe if CW did their part on promoting it well enough then it wouldn’t have gotten cancelled. It was great and now we are left with not knowing whats gonna happen and that sucks. It would be great if ABC would pick it up or CBS!

sally June 23, 2013 at 8:40 am

Plz bring back this show,its awesome,I’m begging you

samantha May 14, 2013 at 10:25 pm

i think if you are going to make a show so good you shouldnot end it in the way it did i love this show i got right in it to find out its not coming back on i want to say i didnt just wast all this time watching this for no reason but i did cuz now i want to know what happen but you know what i will never know be cause you end this show and its not far to those that like it so i think you should bring it back and make it work never give up

MarinaFelizImba April 17, 2013 at 8:02 am

i don’t know what’s wrong with you people but you have a serious provlem. What the HELL???? I was soooooo waiting to see the continue. You canceled the show?? REALY terrible desition. aaarggg