Memphis Beat: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Memphis Beat canceled season threeDetective Dwight Hendricks (Jason Lee) has sung his last Elvis song and solved his last case. TNT has cancelled Memphis Beat after two season on the air.

A TNT spokesperson said, “TNT has decided not to pick up a third season of Memphis Beat… The network thanks everyone involved in the production of Memphis Beat for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew. TNT wishes everyone the best.” The last episode aired on August 16th.

Beat was the last of the TNT dramas to have its fate decided. The cable channel renewed Leverage, Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, and Franklin & Bash but cancelled Beat, HawthoRNe, and Men of a Certain Age. Men had the worst ratings of the three axed series while HawthoRNe and Beat were next in line.

Lee will next be seen on NBC’s Up All Night and Beat creators/spouses Liz Garcia and Josh Harto recently sold a new drama to the peacock network called The Meadows.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Memphis Beat has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see happen in season three?

Canceled and renewed TV show

291 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Brenda says

I loved Memphis Beat. it was one of the best shows on tv. I thought it was so cool you could see the personal life of a detective and it seemed so real.
    Great show and so sad it was not renewed. Please bring it back

2. says

I was very upset to find that the show was cancelled. I thought it was great and I truly loved watching it, especially Jason Lee singing and I am an African American. I wish it would come back and soon!!!!

3. Frank says

I am really sorry to see this show cancelled. Sometimes I wonder what these tv people are thinking ? This show was extremely entertaining and I looked forward to each eposode with anticapation weekly. I can trufully say that I have yet to watch one of the reality shows that are not in truth reality. Bring back the good family type shows that you can sit down and are not embarassed to watch with your grandchildren. Sooooo get smart and show some class and bring back Memphis Beat.

4. Jane says

It’s too bad they cancel the GOOD shows, just when you’re really hooked on it! PLEASE bring Memphis Beat back, along with Men of a Certain Age — apparently the audience doesn’t understand Men, since it’s not out and out “in your face”, but Men was definitely a diamond in the rough, and I’d like to see that diamond come forth and shine! And Memphis Beat was original and never predictable….just the kind of show we need nowadays…..thanks for listening….

5. Cherann says

Really too bad!!!! Memphis beat was a very good show and the music excellent. I downloaded all of the blues songs from each episode.

6. Very Unhappy says

I too was looking forward to another season of Memphis Beat. I kept waiting for it to show up and just now began doing a search and discovered it is gone. Why do they cancel the good ones?

7. Valerie G. says

It was ;one of my favorite shows. I like cop shows and this one was vey different. Bring it back and cancel all these stupid reality shows which most are not realty anyway.

8. GG says

Sorry to see them go, enjoyed that it was not bloody, liked the Southern flavor and Lee’s Memphis blues. Much more entertaining than Franaklin & Bash

9. Barb says

Lets just replace real actors and shows with trashy reality series…..cheaper for networks and cheap cheap no morals people on these shows

10. Lisa says

I am really disappointed. I thought the show was awesome. It wasn’t like most cop shows, it wasn’t as gory and violent as the others.

11. gail says

Very disappointed, loved the show being a southern I liked the Memphis setting. There is probably other crap that should be cancelled.

12. patti says

I am so disappointed. How can this be. A unique show with unique characters and a very entertaining ending every week. I love Jason Lee’s raspy sexy voice. I have no faith in program executives, first Pan Am and now Memphis Beat. Do they not want people being entertained by shows that go outside the box and actually entertain.