Memphis Beat: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Memphis Beat canceled season threeDetective Dwight Hendricks (Jason Lee) has sung his last Elvis song and solved his last case. TNT has cancelled Memphis Beat after two season on the air.

A TNT spokesperson said, “TNT has decided not to pick up a third season of Memphis Beat… The network thanks everyone involved in the production of Memphis Beat for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew. TNT wishes everyone the best.” The last episode aired on August 16th.

Beat was the last of the TNT dramas to have its fate decided. The cable channel renewed Leverage, Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, and Franklin & Bash but cancelled Beat, HawthoRNe, and Men of a Certain Age. Men had the worst ratings of the three axed series while HawthoRNe and Beat were next in line.

Lee will next be seen on NBC’s Up All Night and Beat creators/spouses Liz Garcia and Josh Harto recently sold a new drama to the peacock network called The Meadows.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Memphis Beat has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see happen in season three?

Phyllis V September 28, 2012 at 9:06 am

Memphis Beat is a great show! Was looking to see when it was restarting only to discover it was cancelled :(

geewizzzkid September 28, 2012 at 7:02 am

TNT is known for getting rid of great shows! raising the bar, hawthoRNe, & now a truly funny show Memphis beat! I can only say that they are idiot’s!!!

Brenda September 26, 2012 at 6:14 am

I loved Memphis Beat. it was one of the best shows on tv. I thought it was so cool you could see the personal life of a detective and it seemed so real.
Great show and so sad it was not renewed. Please bring it back

Phyllis September 17, 2012 at 4:44 am

I was very upset to find that the show was cancelled. I thought it was great and I truly loved watching it, especially Jason Lee singing and I am an African American. I wish it would come back and soon!!!!

Frank September 13, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I am really sorry to see this show cancelled. Sometimes I wonder what these tv people are thinking ? This show was extremely entertaining and I looked forward to each eposode with anticapation weekly. I can trufully say that I have yet to watch one of the reality shows that are not in truth reality. Bring back the good family type shows that you can sit down and are not embarassed to watch with your grandchildren. Sooooo get smart and show some class and bring back Memphis Beat.

Jane September 11, 2012 at 8:31 am

It’s too bad they cancel the GOOD shows, just when you’re really hooked on it! PLEASE bring Memphis Beat back, along with Men of a Certain Age — apparently the audience doesn’t understand Men, since it’s not out and out “in your face”, but Men was definitely a diamond in the rough, and I’d like to see that diamond come forth and shine! And Memphis Beat was original and never predictable….just the kind of show we need nowadays…..thanks for listening….

lynn August 30, 2012 at 10:54 am

Loved the show. Please bring it back.

Cherann August 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Really too bad!!!! Memphis beat was a very good show and the music excellent. I downloaded all of the blues songs from each episode.

Very Unhappy August 22, 2012 at 10:37 am

I too was looking forward to another season of Memphis Beat. I kept waiting for it to show up and just now began doing a search and discovered it is gone. Why do they cancel the good ones?

Valerie G. August 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm

It was ;one of my favorite shows. I like cop shows and this one was vey different. Bring it back and cancel all these stupid reality shows which most are not realty anyway.

GG August 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Sorry to see them go, enjoyed that it was not bloody, liked the Southern flavor and Lee’s Memphis blues. Much more entertaining than Franaklin & Bash

Barb July 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Lets just replace real actors and shows with trashy reality series…..cheaper for networks and cheap cheap no morals people on these shows

Lisa July 22, 2012 at 11:58 am

I am really disappointed. I thought the show was awesome. It wasn’t like most cop shows, it wasn’t as gory and violent as the others.

gail July 20, 2012 at 8:04 am

Very disappointed, loved the show being a southern I liked the Memphis setting. There is probably other crap that should be cancelled.

patti July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I am so disappointed. How can this be. A unique show with unique characters and a very entertaining ending every week. I love Jason Lee’s raspy sexy voice. I have no faith in program executives, first Pan Am and now Memphis Beat. Do they not want people being entertained by shows that go outside the box and actually entertain.