Memphis Beat: TNT Close to Renewing Series for Season Two

Memphis BeatTNT is reportedly close to a sealing a deal to renew Memphis Beat for a second season. The cable channel previously gave a renewal to fellow freshman drama Rizzoli and Isles.

Memphis Beat follows a detective (Jason Lee) in Memphis who happens to moonlight as an Elvis impersonator. The cast includes Abraham Benrubi, Alfre Woodard, Celia Weston, DJ Qualls, Leonard Earl Howze, Robyn Lively, and Sam Hennings.

The series debuted on June 22nd to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million viewers. The numbers came down a bit after that and the 10 episode first season has averaged a 0.8 in the demo and about 3.6 million viewers. The season concluded on August 24th.

What do you think? Does Memphis Beat deserve a second season? Is it worth watching?

bo April 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I MISS MEMPHIS BEAT THE CAST WAS PHOEMENAL – PLEASE BRING THEM BACK I HOPING THAT THEY WILL REAPPEAR -

Diane Roberts December 30, 2012 at 11:05 am

Please put Memphis Beat back on the air. It was good watching a show that showed real people. It was clean and gave you different sides of life. We need to see more shows like this today. Rizzoli & Isles is a good show too. Why not have the two shows on together.
Please do not let this fall on deaf ears.

major December 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I like this show and It has a great plot with a good southern twist. We would like a 3rd season TNT you are losing a good show and get a better time slot for it. What a shame??? The big networks is loving you right now ,You have cancel five very good shows we will not watching TNT at all kill some more!!!. (Nice shooting Texs).

Karen December 13, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I LOVE this series! I’ve been looking for it to return. Very clever and well done – the acting is superb! A cut above most anything else on TV these days . . .

M. Ruggero September 25, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Why doesn’t another tv station pick up this show? I am still heartbroken.

cindy July 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I think Memphis Beat is a very down home character driven show that includes amazing music and great plot. It would be a shame if the show was discontinued. I have several friends that are fanatic fans, as I am.

eleanor May 30, 2012 at 8:13 am

I love Memphis Beat and Jason Lee is super in this series. Please don’t cancel this show.
So many great shows are being cancelled and being replaced by more stupid reality shows.

Jeff April 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Memphis Beat definately deserves a second season

bob gentry March 18, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Excellent show. I hope TNT renews this one.

Rose February 26, 2012 at 12:54 am

I think the acting in this show is 100% better than in Rizzoli & Isles. Memphis Beat deserves another season…too bad it was cancelled.

ruby February 17, 2012 at 11:13 pm

A very entertaining show. I am VERY disappointed it has been canceled.

Malissa Williams February 14, 2012 at 11:31 am

It deserves a second season. All Housewives and reality shows should be removed and snatched off TV today.

Carol January 13, 2012 at 11:24 am

It is a great, entertaining show. Why did you cancel it? There are many people who agree with me.