Memphis Beat: TNT Close to Renewing Series for Season Two

Memphis BeatTNT is reportedly close to a sealing a deal to renew Memphis Beat for a second season. The cable channel previously gave a renewal to fellow freshman drama Rizzoli and Isles.

Memphis Beat follows a detective (Jason Lee) in Memphis who happens to moonlight as an Elvis impersonator. The cast includes Abraham Benrubi, Alfre Woodard, Celia Weston, DJ Qualls, Leonard Earl Howze, Robyn Lively, and Sam Hennings.

The series debuted on June 22nd to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million viewers. The numbers came down a bit after that and the 10 episode first season has averaged a 0.8 in the demo and about 3.6 million viewers. The season concluded on August 24th.

What do you think? Does Memphis Beat deserve a second season? Is it worth watching?

Canceled and renewed TV show

247 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nancy says

We NEED this program. Takes the aches from the body and relieves the stress of the week!! The music is wonderful, the acting is great, and the stories and substories are without equal!!

2. olga says

I love this show so much that I set my dvr to find repeats in the early mornings when the show sneak out. Please bring it back.

3. Barbara says

I love this show…I even watch the reruns. I didn’t realize how foxy Jason Lee was when I saw him in the Chipmunk movies. I can’t wait until it returns….fabulous

4. smiller61 says

I really enjoy watching Memphis Beat. It’s not really anything like Memphis but it is a really entertaining show. Hope it comes back. When will this be?

5. Cookie says

Love, Love, Love this show. I must admit when it was first advertised I really didn’t think I would like..but, I never missed a show. Can’t wait for it to return.

6. Christa says

I think Memphis Beat deserves a second season. It is not the usual cookie cutter cop show. If TNT is smart, they will realize the unexpected style of the show might take time to catch on. The rest of us that enjoy the show are hooked and want more.

7. Cagey says

My husband and I really like watching Memphis Beat. When will it return? It’s a different type of cop show, which is what is needed! We think Jason Lee does a superb job of acting and he does a great job singing, too!

8. Bonnie Revak says

I love the show. It’s different, and since I love cop shows, I really enjoy this one. I didn’t like Earl that much, but Memphis Beat is different.

9. Ruth says

I really miss Memphis Beat and keep hoping it will be back soon! I especially enjoy the scenes where he does his Elvis impersonation!