Men of a Certain Age: Season Two Returns in June, Will There Be Season Three?

Men of a Certain AgeWhile watching the second season of Men of a Certain Age in January, many viewers were dismayed to hear that TNT was calling the sixth episode the “season finale.” Had the show been cancelled?

Actually, TNT decided to cut the season into two parts. At some point, the cable channel increased the season order from 10 to 12 installments. The first six finished airing in January and now the second half dozen episodes are set to begin airing on Wednesday, June 1st at 10pm.

The first half of season two attracted a 0.5 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic and an average of 2.16 million viewers each week. That’s a significant drop from season one which registered a 1.0 in the demo and an average of 3.19 million.

Will Men of a Certain Age be renewed for season three? That will likely have a lot to do with how well the remaining episodes perform in June. Unless the ratings pick up, it doesn’t look likely that we’ll see Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher on screen together after that.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Men of a Certain Age is returning? Do you think it’ll get renewed for season three?

Jane October 5, 2011 at 9:27 am

It’s so sad to hear that “Men of a Certain Age” has been cancelled. Season 2’s finale was great, and now, nothing? What are we supposed to look forward to now? I’m not yet ‘of a certain age’, and I love this show; it definitely cannot be matched by shows that are raking in viewers (Jersey Shore or Real Housewives, anyone?). TNT is making a big mistake in pulling the plug on one of the most well-written and well-casted shows nowadays. Here’s hoping that they change their minds!

april wallace October 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I was just looking to find out when season 3 begins, and can’t believe it may not be returning. I’m soooo dissappointed !!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!! My two favorite shows are Men of a Certain Age and Drop Dead Diva and I hate always wondering if either of them will be returning. They’re like the only 2 shows I really like watching. I can’t stand all the reality shows that are on. I’ll be looking forward to hearing the good news that it will be back!

Daryl Lawrence October 4, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I was wondering when (or if) “Men of a Certain Age” will be returning to the air. It seems Hollywood just can’t get it right. What’s wrong with quality programming, outstanding acting, great writing and on point directing? Come on, TNT! Can we have a realistic television show (not so-called reality t.v.) that makes us laugh, boohoo and hooray! What’s the matter with you guys?! “Men of a Certain Age” is superb; a great show, lots of fun and lends itself to a damn good t.v. time. Don’t count the men out! There are countless ‘women and men of a certain age’ out here who want to see more! My husband and I, of a certain age, love the cast and the show, and we want them back!

Dawn September 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm

OMG! Men of a Certain Age MUST return. Someone let the powers that be know that this is a well written, excellently acted show. Please, please, please bring it back

Patricia September 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I pay and extra $16.00 per month just to get this show. If it is cancelled, so will the subscription to this channel. It is one of the rare shows that my husband and I enjoy together. Please bring it back.
P.

joanne September 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I have been praying all summer long that somehow the powers that be at TNT will see the error of their ways and reinstate Men of a Certain Age which is one of the most intelligent and entertaining shows we have watched on any network in many, many seasons. Why is it that the best ones always go first. If only these networks didn’t have to be such slaves to ratings and just once in a while would cater to the smaller number of viewers who are truly captivated by the quality of an extremely fine show. Shame on you TNT.

MJ September 18, 2011 at 11:48 am

IF you don’t bring back “Men of a Certain Age”, this woman of a certain age will not be watching your channel. It is one of the most realistic non reality shows on TV. Bring it back, we all want more!

MJ

Chris September 4, 2011 at 6:57 pm

” Men of a Certain Age” absolutely must return, in order to redeem the reason for existence of television.

From Finland August 26, 2011 at 5:40 am

Great show, hoping to see a third season

Gary August 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Sadly, I only started watching Men of a Certain Age near the beginning of their second season, but immediately I was hooked. Always being sure to DVR each episode, I watched each week as their lives progressed. I am very sad to hear that there may not be a season three. Several of my friends and I came on board late in the series and all share the same sentiment concerning its possible disappearance. We are hopeful that TNT will give this wonderful series a continued chance of survival. The wonderful writers and actors (and direction) should not fall victim to the mundane cesspool of overdone, mind-dulling reality programming!

Anonymous August 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I can’t believe this show is cancelled. Just goes to show a bunch of “geniuses” are running TNT. No wonder nobody watches their network. They don’t recognize good programming when it slaps them in the face. Way to build an audience by showing only 6 episodes a “season” and spacing them roughly 6 months apart. That’s how you build a following. Show it in the summer time too when there is nothing else to do.

Karen August 8, 2011 at 10:18 am

I absolutely love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There’s nothing out there about the “male companionship or drama”. DO NOT CANCEL IT!!! Karen

Sam and Vanessa August 5, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa July 26, 2011 at 10:33 pm

My husband and I just stared watching ” Men Of A Certain Age” on, “ON Demand” and we LOVE it; so we are delighted that its coming back!!!! :)

Mary JO Ornelas July 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I see the writing on the wall-soon there will be no scripted shows, just a slurry of mindless reality shows about dimwits and their crappy life decisions. Men of a Certain Age has a great cast, great writing and is topical. It has heart as well as intellect and deals with issues that we all struggle with. Really, TV? Is “The Housewifes of Assville” all you have to offer us?

Sue July 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Men of a Certain Age came back on in June for what 4 episodes and then the season finale. What the hell – that’s not even a season. One week it’s there and the next it’s gone. Bring it back for a regular season!