Men of a Certain Age: Season Two Returns in June, Will There Be Season Three?

Men of a Certain AgeWhile watching the second season of Men of a Certain Age in January, many viewers were dismayed to hear that TNT was calling the sixth episode the “season finale.” Had the show been cancelled?

Actually, TNT decided to cut the season into two parts. At some point, the cable channel increased the season order from 10 to 12 installments. The first six finished airing in January and now the second half dozen episodes are set to begin airing on Wednesday, June 1st at 10pm.

The first half of season two attracted a 0.5 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic and an average of 2.16 million viewers each week. That’s a significant drop from season one which registered a 1.0 in the demo and an average of 3.19 million.

Will Men of a Certain Age be renewed for season three? That will likely have a lot to do with how well the remaining episodes perform in June. Unless the ratings pick up, it doesn’t look likely that we’ll see Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher on screen together after that.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Men of a Certain Age is returning? Do you think it’ll get renewed for season three?

CC March 26, 2012 at 7:55 am

Do not cancel this love the show Come on returning in June when alot of people are busy outside, vacations etc. Lame time to see if ratings improve!

Jerrie DeRose March 25, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I am a 58 year old female. Me and my 22 year old college son love the show and have never missed an episode. Hope it does well in June. We didn’t know it was back on in January for a few episodes or would have watched it.

w potter March 23, 2012 at 9:52 am

great show, my wife and i could’nt wait for each show

jean/and dennis March 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm

we love Men Of A Certain Age, we hope it has season 3,4,and many more. we wish it came on wsb or nbc ! please don’t take it off te at all.

MaryT March 12, 2012 at 2:52 am

I want the boys BACK! – tehy were so totally realistic! & and awesomely comical – the boys of that certain age were very convincing of their ages! – Come on come back for another season!! – Australia Wants You

karen B February 28, 2012 at 10:58 am

Best show on t.v. really relatable to regular everyday people… instead of the CSI hype and not so relatable real lives … Love Ray and his buddies…. don’t cancel this show please.

Capt Val February 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm

As a 50 year old male, I love this show. It relates to the midde American male and the challenges we face every day. Please keep this show on! It is reality slapped in your face, relationships, marriage, infidelity, children, finances, work, homes, friendships, health and much more. I didn’t watch the show as it aired, although I wanted to( just never on home on the nites it aired). Though I have watched all the episodes On Demand. I am very much looking forward to season 3, please don’t cancel!

Violet December 28, 2011 at 12:11 am

I can’t belive this show is been cancelled!!!!! it is so f great!!!!! my husband and I have been waiting for it all this time!!! really!!! God I guess my bonus price was cancel this year mmmm oh well i guess people with out a job r getting it worst so I guess is ok…

Paul Moffat December 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I sure hope it comes backIt was a cool show and the charectors were perfect in each show. Come on guys, Bring it back!

Sharon Rinehart December 2, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I love this show – It is about real people. We don’t see that enough. It was so refreshing!!

Paul Moffat December 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hi mamma Sharon,you and I have the same taste in TV viewing. Paul (Poppa)

ileana December 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I really enjoyed this show. Sad to hear might not make it to Season 3. Love Ray Romano and the rest of the cast.

Sue Steele October 25, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I love this show. It is about normal people. We just don get that any more.

jean October 16, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I really liked to watch Men of a certain age, i hope it stays for several more seasons…

Becky October 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm

My FAVORITE show. I miss it very much

renee October 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm

It was a great show and it should return, very sad to see it end.