Men of a Certain Age: Co-Creator Encourages & Thanks Fans for Support

Men of a Certain Age canceled season threeThough >Men of a Certain Age has been cancelled by TNT after two seasons, there’s work going on behind the scenes to get it back on another station for season three. At the TCA press tour, Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Phil Rosenthal said, “I don’t have any inside information but I hear that there are networks trying to find ways to keep it going. I hope they do.”

Fans have been gathering support via a Facebook page and have been encouraging others to sign a petition. Last week, Men of a Certain Age co-creator Michael Royce chimed in to express his appreciation to supporters and to let them know the best way to help the show.

Hi everybody. I want to say a giant THANK YOU for all your incredible efforts to help us find the show a home. We producers are exploring all options: broadcast, cable, pay cable, online… laserdisc, filmstrips, Viewmaster… you name it, we’re into it. And your guys’ energy has been seriously breathtaking.

Because we’re talking to a lot of the places you’ve contacted, at this point it would behoove you (and us) to not email them. They all know of your interest. They told us. : )

For fans who want to help, the best thing you can do right now is get more people to “like” this page and sign the petition, so we can show a prospective distributor how many people out there want this show back.

I hope I’m not being discouraging because frankly Ray and I are very moved by the outpouring of love and support. We don’t want to give up yet. And we won’t. We’ll let you know what’s happening when and if it does.

Thanks so so much. Hold your head up!
—Mike Royce

What do you think? Would you follow Men of a Certain Age to a different channel? To a premium cable channel? Would you watch online for a fee?

Bill August 22, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Quality T.V. Thanks for the two seasons my wife and I enjoyed. We will watch it on any
network smart enough to pick it up. We were really looking forward to the next season-Bring it back please!

Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 5:45 pm

My husband and I LOVED this show. It only got better in its second season.
What a disappointment!

Kim August 15, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Men of a Certain Age is a class act. It deserves an opportunity to to thrive. I will watch it on another network and I will spend my money with the companies that sponsor it. Thank you.

Victoria August 15, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I am heartbroken to hear this show will not be continued. Would love to see it continued on another network.

Carla E. Hargrove August 15, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Pls. save this show. This is a good show. When the show was over after six episodes, you never knew when it was coming back and the hiatus was too long. I would watch the show if it was picked up by another network.

Dean August 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Yes, I would gladly watch this show on any network, per pay online, whatever. This is a great show with great actors, the kind of quality TV that is rare these days. Here’s hoping it is saved.

Rita August 11, 2011 at 6:48 pm

A wonderful quality show that deserves a third season!

Dianne August 9, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Of course we would watch Men of a Certain Age no matter what network it is on. We love this show & would feel cheated if it does not return for a third season. Hopefully, someone will pick it up this fall or whenever. We loved Friday Night Lights & what happened, they showed several episodes & then the finale. We were very disappointed that this series was canceled. What is the matter with these networks & the people that watch TV…………do they not know a good thing when they see it. Most of the garbage they show on TV any more is a waste of TV time. Men of a Certain Age showed real life ups & downs & that is what we liked about it. BRING IT BACK….PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

Pamela Mack August 6, 2011 at 3:01 pm

My husband and I both love this show. We agree that it is one of the best things on TV. We will watch it where ever it goes! We also are big fans of Southland, which is also not around any more. Most of the junk that stays on year after year makes us wonder if the majority of the population is brain-dead.

Paul August 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Hi,

as far as I know Southland will be back for another season on TNT.

Paul August 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm
Barney August 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Breaking Bad, Curb your Enthusiasm, Parenthood, and Men of a Certain Age….. I don’t know NBC or AMC…. or wherever continues it, i’ll follow.

Derek lowell August 4, 2011 at 4:49 am

This was one of the few shows on television worthy of renewal. Such a wonderful show. If they keep making it, I’ll keep watching… no matter where it airs. If I had the money, they could film in my living room!!!

Gli August 4, 2011 at 3:39 am

Speaking from the other side of the pond: I would follow this show everywhere! But as Gianna pointed out: we Europeans couldn’t watch it – at least not legitimate… But we still did!!! I would be so happy if MoacA should find a new home and we would see another (or more) season!!!!

Aj August 3, 2011 at 7:45 pm

One of the best shows no doubt.

Ted Valvoda August 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Loved this show. The only real “guy” show on TV in years. A real shame that it has been cancelled. I would watch it on another network.

Pippa August 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm

This was quality TV – sadly there’s not much of it around these days. Sincerely hope it finds a new home

Susan Bond August 4, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Men of a Certain Age is the best show that has ever been on TV. I would follow it to any network without hesitating. Every woman I know watches it and talks in groups about the show the next morning, emails friends, posts on facebook. Why they would ever cancel this show makes me wonder what kind of nut runs the network.
It has morals, heart, substance, relevance, and makes us all better and more tolerant human beings. It helps us laugh at ourselves. BRING IT BACK.