Men of a Certain Age: TNT Renews Show for Season Two

Men of a Certain Age season twoTNT has faith in their freshman series Men of a Certain Age. So much that they’ve decided to renew it for a second season before the first one is only half aired.

Men of a Certain Age follows the lives of three male friends who are adjusting to the challenges of middle age. The show stars Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, and Scott Bakula, and also features Norma Jean, Braeden Lemasters, Matt Price, Brittany Curran, Brian J. White, Shelly Desai, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Little JJ, Kwesi Boakye, Penelope Ann Miller, and Michael Hitchcock.

The series debuted to big numbers on December 7th, attracting 5.4 million viewers. That represented ad-supported cable’s top launch of 2009 for households and those ages 25-54 (a natural demographic for the series).

The numbers have dropped significantly since the premiere, with the most recent installment hitting a series low of about 2.9 million viewers.

Despite the decline, TNT believes in Men enough to renew the show for another round of 10 episodes. TNT executive VP Michael Wright said, “Men of a Certain Age has been embraced by viewers and critics alike, making our decision to renew an easy one.”

Season one is expected to finish on February 22nd. No word on when Men will return for season two.

What do you think? Are you glad that Men of a Certain Age is continuing or should it have been cancelled?

Mark December 28, 2010 at 5:32 pm

This is by far one of the best shows I have ever looked
forward to watching. Even enjoy watching the previous seasons shows
again.

Maryann December 28, 2010 at 8:39 am

I really enjoy this show. It is more of a reality show than the so called reality ones and a whole lot better. I believe the reason for the temporary lower rates is because there is so much interupted airtime as to when the show is on or when it’s not. If it would play continually at the same time slot everyweek it is easier to follow and everyone would be looking forward to the next week.
Ratings are because of schedualing NOT the SHOW! I love it. So simple but so profound.

Keep up the good work.
M.

bill canning December 27, 2010 at 9:31 pm

i love this show it really evokes reactions, not many shows can do that.. i hope they sign on for 10 more yrs.

Michael December 27, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I agree with Vince. As to not repeat any of his observations…a show that doesn’t have vampires, laugh tracks, animation (although the animated ones are funny), reality related, ex-stars in rehab, featuring people that have everything and seeing how dysfunctional they really are, is really a breath of fresh air.

vince December 20, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Its abt time someone developed a good show that doesn’t enclude cops, doctors and lawyers. Its new and flesh. Im hooked

Anonymous December 20, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I really like this show. Enough of the cop and doctor shows. Its abt time someone developed some creative juices. I real show that provokes thought abt real life

Claudette Q. December 4, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I got my husband so hooked on MOCA! We love it..Can’t wait for new season!

monty November 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm

brilliant show,, loved every minute,, the acting and writing is first class in my opinion..

scla November 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I love this show and it’s ties to CA. I’m from NJ and like shows that show something else. Someone else wrote that the chemistry b/w the characters is great and I would absolutely agree. It’s different. It’s interesting. The characters are people I like and I want to see do well.

Howie November 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Men Of A Certain Age!

A great show! I have had life experiences that seem to go hand in hand with the show.

(Golf course bully’s)

Love the show!

Marilyh November 13, 2010 at 11:53 am

This show is one of the best on TV. Why do they cancel the good ones and keep the stupid ones?

Audrey November 4, 2010 at 6:31 am

I love this show. TNT needs to keep it and give it a chance.

Pam October 31, 2010 at 1:07 pm

The chemistry is great in this show, however, some typical mistakes are being made. I hope they are ironed out for the next season. I do like the idea behind the show – relevence to the general population across the USA would help. These three are too tied to California culture – thus the drop in viewership.

Dr. Shuffle October 24, 2010 at 9:12 pm

My entire family ABSOLUTELY LOVES Men of a Certain Age! We were thrilled it wasn’t canceled. :-)

mike October 18, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Best show on TV next to Mad Men.

lynda December 6, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I hung in and the show improved as the season progressed. I’m glad it’s continuing; it’s funny and insightful