Men of a Certain Age: A Finale Already? Has It Been Cancelled?

Men of a Certain AgeFans of TNT’s Men of a Certain Age were understandably a little confused by last night’s finale. Early last year, the cable channel renewed the TV show for 10 more episodes. Soon after season two began in early December, TNT started promoting the season finale after just six episodes. What happened?

Well, there’s good news. Men of a Certain Age has not been cancelled. TNT decided to increase the episode order to 12 installments and has broken the season up into two parts. A start date for the next half dozen episodes hasn’t been set yet but they’ll probably be released in the summer.

Men of a Certain Age follows three male friends as they adjust to the realities of middle age. It stars Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear the show will be back with more episodes? Do you think breaking up the season like this is good or bad for the ratings?

Canceled and renewed TV show

251 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Steve says

Probably the best show on TV in the last 10 years. Its hard to comprehend the short-sighted tunnel vision that would cancel this exceptional program

2. Mike A Ayala says

I believe this is some of Rays (and the other guys) best work yet_____Please bring it back and why TNT get it on NBC CBS ABC, FOX anything bit tnt people can never remember that dang channel . People would go wild for this show, it is so “Down to Earth” I am turning 50 in two months and it really is Funny Stuff, I a Big Fan of Ray’s please bring it back…..

3. billiejourneay says

goddamnit!! what’s the matter with giving us 12 episodes in a row??? We are so confused at what and where to find this FINE show, BE CONSISTANT and give us quality TV. This show is what it is—how people really are; and this show does just that!! Bring it back ASAP! please!!

4. Lens Chic says

This was a show that I enjoyed enough to dvr in case I missed it because I was too sleepy to stay awake. I’m not and never have been a big television watcher, however this show kept me entertained enough that I looked forward to the next show.

Bring it BACK!!!…

5. Rick Dohnal says

I love men of a certain age. I am in my fifties and it is very comforting and funny that men my age are all going through the same struggles, fears and joys that I am. Thanks for making this series. KEEP IT GOING.

6. Virginia S says

What the heck? I can’t believe that this programs has been cancelled! It figures though, let’s put on junk like The Bachelor, The ***** that like the bachelor, etc. The Kardashians (?, I’m sure I’m not spelling this right. Shows how much I watch this crap!). Has this country gone mindless? What, you might have to think through something and your attention might get held for over 5 minutes? We are in trouble with watching the junk on these channels and good wholesome shows like this get taken off the air. What a shame!

7. Yolanda says

We love this show. Please do not cancel. No I do not like it broken up, I want to see it all at once, like before.

When will the series start up again?

8. Jules says

What? OMG! NO! I loved this show, loved it, Harry’s Law, Primes Suspect, now this!! next it will be Blue Bloods, in thje wasteland of awful shows, they always cancel the best shows.

9. Janelle says

My husband and I are so happy that it hasn’t been cancelled. Wish there were even more episodes. It is the best show out there.