Men of a Certain Age: A Finale Already? Has It Been Cancelled?

Men of a Certain AgeFans of TNT’s Men of a Certain Age were understandably a little confused by last night’s finale. Early last year, the cable channel renewed the TV show for 10 more episodes. Soon after season two began in early December, TNT started promoting the season finale after just six episodes. What happened?

Well, there’s good news. Men of a Certain Age has not been cancelled. TNT decided to increase the episode order to 12 installments and has broken the season up into two parts. A start date for the next half dozen episodes hasn’t been set yet but they’ll probably be released in the summer.

Men of a Certain Age follows three male friends as they adjust to the realities of middle age. It stars Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear the show will be back with more episodes? Do you think breaking up the season like this is good or bad for the ratings?

Canceled and renewed TV show

251 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ruth from Albany Minnesota says

I agree, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL this series! I love this show. I like all the actors esp. Ray Ramano! I looked forward to it each week. Bring it back! Please.

2. says

We are a huge Californian family…one member enlightened us as to this very delightful show. It became the topic of discussion during phone conversations with other family members until all of them (80 or more people) were watching. We love it….we love it….WE LOVE IT!!! If this show is cancelled it will be a BIG mistake….it is really that good!!!

3. says

We love Men of a Certain Age! We are both shocked it was discontinued. Quality is obviously no longer of importance on main stream tv. The only shows that survive are mindless, crude, cruel or just plain stupid.

4. Barb Talley says

Is it true? J. Young’s post above said the show has not been cancelled. I hope this is a fact. I LOVE this show. I have 3 adult sons over 40 and have called each one to ask them to watch this show. I have seen several situations on the show that could have related to each of them. Reality shows are trash. This one is food for thought about real men facing real issues in their lives.

5. Linda May says

One of the best shows that has been on in a long time – Cannot believe this show will not return – RECONSIDER – one of the best shows on TV

6. j. young says

I was wondering what was going on with this show, so glad to hear that it hasn’t been cancelled. There are such few good shows on TV today, it would have been a big mistake to have cancelled this one. Also, I hated to hear that “The Closer” will not be on next year, loved this show as well.

Men of a Certain Age, Closer, Franklin and Bash make-up my TV viewing, they are the best show on.

7. Kathleen Vallas says

Men of a Certain Age is so much better than most of the other shows on TV. It is well worth watching, and gave me something to look forward to. I found it very enlightening and refreshing–a rare commodity. Please keep the show on and give it a higher priority for those of us that enjoy it. Perhaps more promoting would help to inform people about it if it’s not getting a large enough audience. It doesn’t seem to be very well known. Please HELP!

8. m cooremans says

what the **** ?? finally we get a show for the rest of us who don’t care about dancing or being a stupid punk on a reality show or following shows with has been celebrities and then they go and mess that up too. Give me that guys phone number who made that call .

9. Cindy says

This is one of the best shows on TV. I’ll be very disappointed if it really is cancelled. Can’t you leave something on the air for a mature aduience and that isn’t a reality show?

10. DENISE BLANCO says

Someone just told me that Men if a Certain Age is cancelled. Please tell me they are mistaken. Will new episodes be shown and if so when can we expect to see them . Love that show!!

11. stephanie says

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!
    WE LOVE THIS SHOW AND ALL THE ACTORS!!!
    HARDLY ANY GOOD SHOWS ARE LEFT…..

• Anne Gillespie says

This was by far the best show on tv and I can’t believe it was cancelled! I don’t understand why all the best shows on tv get cancelled when all there is left is junk!
      I am very upset by this!