Men of a Certain Age: A Finale Already? Has It Been Cancelled?

Men of a Certain AgeFans of TNT’s Men of a Certain Age were understandably a little confused by last night’s finale. Early last year, the cable channel renewed the TV show for 10 more episodes. Soon after season two began in early December, TNT started promoting the season finale after just six episodes. What happened?

Well, there’s good news. Men of a Certain Age has not been cancelled. TNT decided to increase the episode order to 12 installments and has broken the season up into two parts. A start date for the next half dozen episodes hasn’t been set yet but they’ll probably be released in the summer.

Men of a Certain Age follows three male friends as they adjust to the realities of middle age. It stars Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear the show will be back with more episodes? Do you think breaking up the season like this is good or bad for the ratings?

Canceled and renewed TV show

251 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Memes says

Finally a great show and network weenies don’t understand that by summer, former fans will be fans of something else. Sheeeesh.

2. Vicky Comer says

Another great show bites the dust – but there is always room for another reality show!!! This show was great – one we looked forward to; Say it ain’t so…..

3. Virginia says

There are no words to describe the disappointment in learning that this show is cancelled. It is the most stimulating, creative, humorous, and heartfelt show I have seen in a long time. Is there a way we can get through to the network to bring it back?!

4. selby toporek says

Arghh! Just bring it back. It was intelligent AND entertaining. Can’t we have both once in a while? Please?

5. says

I love the show and I’m glad its staying on. When I heard it was getting canceled I was so upset but now that it staying I can’t wait to see it. I like the two part deal it make it more exciting .

6. bob yost says

One of my all time favorites in the the last few years. I think guys of that age bracket and having done former shows, have an appreciation of good writing and what makes a good show. I was amazed when it I heard it was cancelled. I feel much better to heat that is not it. The show is barely hitting it’s stride, and shows like the “The Office, “Seinfeld” , “2 1/2 men” and “Everybody Loves Raymond” seems like they were on for years before anyone noticed them and made them cult classics.

7. Mark B says

I can’t believe they cancel great shows like this and instead air “reality” shows. I guess people watch those boring reality shows and like them. :-(