Mental: FOX TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Mental canceledAfter a disappointing run last summer, FOX has quietly cancelled their Mental TV series.

Mental follows the work of an unorthodox psychiatrist who becomes the Director of Mental Health at a fictional Los Angeles hospital. Created by Dan LeVine and co-executive produced by his sister, Deborah Joy LeVine, the series stars Chris Vance, Annabella Sciorra, Derek Webster, Jacqueline McKenzie, Marisa Ramirez, Nicholas Gonzalez, Warren Kole, and Edwin Hodge.

The series debuted in late May with 5.8 million viewers and a 2.1/5 rating/share in the 18-49 demographic. Those numbers put the series in third place for the timeslot. The numbers fell significantly after that, and episodes sometimes attracted less than half of the viewers as the premiere.

Some of the Mental castmembers have already moved on to other TV projects. Vance has had a recurring role on USA’s Burn Notice.

Webster has been cast in an ABC drama pilot called Edgar Floats. He’ll reportedly be playing the therapist of the main character who’s a former police psychologist turned bounty hunter.

Meanwhile, Kole has been cast in a new CW pilot called Nomads, about four young friends who are backpacking across the world. To earn money, they agree to do secret missions for the CIA and Kole will play their handler.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Mental won’t be back for season two?

julie January 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK MANTAL

MBZ January 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I LOVED that show…please bring it back

M. D. Jones January 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Mental was great. Bring it back, please. However some cast changes should be made to some of the female actors.

Ian December 30, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Gutted that there will be no season 2 for this show. I do worry that I seem to be liking shows that are increasingly getting cancelled.

NOT FAIR !!!

reyhan December 21, 2010 at 9:20 am

please please please doooo something for continueing this show . the show was really intersting .i become really sad when i realized about it. Wwwweeeeeee want more….
please do something :((

Neha December 7, 2010 at 4:38 am

No season two!?why!?
i really wish there would be another season. :(

Taje December 1, 2010 at 3:16 am

I am so sad that this show has been canceled I have been waiting patiently for another season and now I am saddened that there will be none. This is the only show I love watching on TV and now it’s gone. :-(

Khal November 29, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I was honestly disappointed to see that this show got canceled. It was my all-time favorite TV series that had be captured from the first episode. I had no way to watch it on TV, but had to follow it online during the summer due to my work hours.

This show deserves the chance that it wasn’t getting. I simply believe that it wasn’t well enough known to have been given a fair chance. Play it during the work year, for fun, and see if the ratings go up.

Brandy November 16, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Someone care to explain why House is on season 7 and going strong and Mental got cancelled? The shows are remarkably similar except that Mental is much more feel good tv time. Mental deserves its chance too.

Me November 14, 2010 at 8:32 am

I agree this show should continue Please bring it back…Please……………………..

Matt November 7, 2010 at 3:20 am

I CAN”T BELIEVE THEY KILLED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! We need to try to try to get it back somehow….

Erin October 26, 2010 at 12:36 am

I really liked this show :( All of the best new shows get cancelled! Mental, Flashforward…

Adrienne October 22, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I loved that show. I find it very interesting and educational to watch such shows. Despite that the show was not real and was fictional. It was my favourite show. I doubt that FOX did a poll or even thought about the fact that there are those of us out here that love that show. I am a Canadian and I honestly think that they did the wrong thing by taking it off the air.

Kelly October 2, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I didn’t realize this show had been cancelled, and was looking forward to seeing it appear on my DVR soon! I am absolutely heartbroken as it quickly became one of favorites. Dr. Jack… so sexy, so smart. I am hugely disappointed. FOX– reconsider!!!

Rich Love September 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I almost have to believe that most people don’t care too much about what happens to their love ones if they fall victim to the fraud of psychiatry. Facts don’t always reveal the truth and many suffer from mainstream thinking telling us what is a disease and what isn’t.
When laziness becomes a disease and people are given meds…maybe the brainwashed will awaken to think for themselves.
God Bless,