Mercy: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Two

Mercy canceledAt the start of the season, we wondered which new NBC medical drama had the best chance at survival — Mercy or Trauma. It was hard to decide but now, they’ve both been cancelled anyway.

Mercy follows the lives of three very different nurses at Mercy Hospital in Jersey City. The cast includes Taylor Schilling, Jaime Lee Kirchner, Michelle Trachtenberg, James Tupper, Diego Klattenhoff, Guillermo Diaz, James LeGros, James Van Der Beek, and Delroy Lindo.

The medical drama got off to a pretty poor start last September, attracting a 2.3 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic and 8.25 million total viewers. Unfortunately, viewership fell even lower from there.

Despite the ratings, NBC ordered a full season of episodes, likely because the network needed the original programming. Though NBC’s Primetime Entertainment President Angela Bromstad said she liked the show creatively, she noted that the show’s ratings had to improve for it to survive.

The ratings didn’t improve. The most recent episode attracted only a 1.1 rating in the demo and 4.01 million viewers.

To no surprise, the Mercy TV show’s now been cancelled. The 22nd and final episode aired last Wednesday, May 12th. Unfortunately, it wasn’t intended to be a series finale and didn’t wrap up the show.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Mercy won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to have seen happen?

Anonymous May 8, 2014 at 12:20 am

I love the show it was amazing need season 2

Anonymous May 6, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I just started watching it and I love it. Please do a second season.

kate May 4, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I love this show !!!! No series 2 that sucks !!

ST May 4, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Bummer !! I just finished season 1 on Hulu. Very upset to know that there is no season 2 because I wouldn’t have watched it. There was no ending and no one knows what happens with anyone. Mike did he die?? Joe is he really getting married?? Veronica?? Did the doctor die from the terrorist attack?? Sonia & Nick?? There should be some kind of ending!! Needs closure.

Kevin May 2, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Wow,no season two what a bust,I don’t know why the producers kept making episodes and meanwhile they knew they wasn’t going to make a season two,honestly I want to watch a season two, I want to know what happens when Veronica picks up her phone and hears! I want to know what happend to her ex husband mike and what happens to affair guy mr sands,why stop making the show,and also leave a cliff hanger,pleaseeee make season two pleaseeee,I love the show called mercy

Tyronda May 1, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I agree with everyone else. I had never heard about this show until scrolling through Hulu and it was a VERY good show. Please do a season 2
#tiredofalltherealityshows!

RSO May 1, 2014 at 12:11 am

I’m mad as hell! I just found this show and watched all of the episodes in season one. I can’t believe it’s over!! ? How do we get this back???!? What a disappointment ;-(

stephanie April 29, 2014 at 6:30 am

I only started watching this the other day on Netflix and i loved it. It shows how poor the advertisement was because mercy started in 2009 and its now 2014 and i only just heard about it. This is the second show that i have been hooked on that has been cancelled well disappointed, all because they don’t promote the series, the content of the show was great and the actors\actresses were amazing. I am truly gutted.

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Come on!!! I love this show you have to keep it… I am from Lithuania and fall in love this show. Bring it back

Nicola April 28, 2014 at 1:59 am

Not happy at all! No season two. This always happens they make a brilliant season one with hardly any advertisement & don’t carry it on. I actually enjoyed Mercy better than Greys Anatomy. If this show carried on with more advertisement. I’m sure you’d get the viewers you need. Please do a season two, can’t leave everyone hanging like that!!!!

KATHY April 26, 2014 at 7:13 pm

It took me 4 days but i just completed episode 22 of the 1st season and fell totally in love the show, did not know there was a show called Mercy until i found it on HULU and decided to check it out and then i was hooked…checked online for 2nd season and read that it had been cancelled…OMG!!! it happens everytime i get hooked a very good show. I think it is the networks fault that it got a low rating , shouuld have advertised the show more cause believe me if i had seen any ads for this show i would have watched when first came on…Networks, do not cancel a show just cause or because it didn’t get enoughs views, like me some shows i don’t catch till later and i do watch on HULU so please do a season 2 etc………if not enough viewers when shows start give them a chance not everyone can view a show on tv with work and certain schedules so we watch when can ON HULU HULU HULU

Ali May 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I’m with you Kathy I did watch it when it came on NBC and I truly loved it, course didn’t like the way they left it at the end, to many ?’s unanwsered. Very disappointed the way they left alot of MERCY fans. I hope they do make a second season. I would like to know what happens next. I even bought the first season I liked it so much. PLEASEeeee NBC bring back “Mercy”at least make a closure to all the unanwswered ?’s. What happens next….

Destiny miller April 24, 2014 at 11:51 pm

I’m f***ing p***ed I love that show and I want it back on! I hate the way it ended, never stop a show on a cliff hanger bring it back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janelle April 24, 2014 at 4:03 am

So Mad there No Season 2
I got so hook on this show

Nicole April 23, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I was very upset when I found out there was no second season to mercy. I feel like if they advertised the series better it would have better ratings. I didn’t find out about this series until one rainy day of searching for tv shows on HULU. And once I began I was hooked. Episode 22 leaves you on such a cliff hanger it is upsetting to find out there will be no second season or series wrap up.

SG April 21, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Would love to see a season 2!!!