Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

147 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. gab says

merlin is one of my favorite show, DON’T cancel it!!! i have a back injury which has left me basically house-bound for the last 17.5 years. t.v. is my only escape. i’m so tired of all of my favorite shows getting canceled when they still have so much to give. DON’T CANCEL MERLIN — LET HIM LIVE!!!!!

2. Juila says

I have never had a series that has made me laugh and cry so much! It would be nice if there was a 6th season in the making. My family has truly enjoyed this series and we find it addictive. The actors you have choosen have really made this series! Great job!!!!!!!

3. David says

Yes, continue please, me and my wife have seen them all and it just doesn’t seem that its complete yet, so please continue with a 6th season and so forth if necessary. there is many wanting this and hopefully you will listen to the fans and do so, also the trilogy sounds good as well.

4. Brian Smith says

I am a 71 year old Brit living in the Philippines. I really enjoy the Merlin series and looking forward to ordering the Merlin 5 serious from Amazon UK. PLEASE PLEASE don’t let the series come to an end, continue with 6, 7, etc etc.

5. Nina Marshall says

Please make a sixth series and/or a trilogy.

I think it would work well to combine a continuation with flashbacks to previous times as yet unseen.

6. liathanofireangel says

Please do a season 6 I love Merlin it is the highlight of my viewing week. I thought that we would get one season at least where Arthur knew about Merlin, lets hope for a little magic and keep it going.

7. Matthew Lusardi says

i would love to see a season 6 somehow with Arther in it, movies would be great to9 with all the original actors

8. alejndra says

yo quiero ver una sexta temporada… yo la vi completa y me fascino, soy de Chile…. es mi serie favorita…. Arturo no puede morir asi NADA mas….. deben REGRESAR

9. Anonymous says

Please do not focus on the movies or the spin offs, I, along with many others, want a sixth season. This show is so completely fantastic and it is my absolute favorite. This show is the only show that has ever drawn me in so completely, so please continue this series. You can not keep saying how “The great and powerful Emaris with unite the world of Albion” and not show it!!

10. Robert Lee says

If any movies are made they have to star the same actors. Colin,Bradley,Angel,Kate and Richard.
    Camelot felt like a place in reality I could visit and find them all going about their daily lives.
    With this series ending I feel like I have lost dear friends.
    I know I am being selfish but I don’t care.
    I love you all Merlin, remember the dragon saying ” the world will seem an emptier place without you young warlock!

Love to you all.

11. says

I loved this show and wish it would go on for a vey long time. A movie spinoff of this show would be great. I would go see it and buy it when it came out on DVD! Bring it back anyway u can…

12. says

Eu acho que se deve apostar na sexta temporada,o mundo todo esta esperando por isso.
    minha opinão sobre o filme?
    Maravilhoso,ótimo,ótimo,ótimo.
    entramos no filme quando estamos assistindo, como se estivessemos vivendo dentro dele.
    maravilhoso, não pare.

13. Aromalady says

I am sooo looking forward to more and more of the Merlin series. It is one of my favorite shows, my other half works nights, so we tape it and watch when he gets home.