Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

145 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I did not get to see the end of season 5 where Gwen is under Morgana’s spell and is having Gwen try to kill King Arthur. For some reason Sy/fy never showed the last couple of episodes of Merling and I am a little upset. I guess I will have to go out and buy the DVD of Merlin to see what happened.

2. Anonymous says

great idea to do a series of movies, loyal watchers will be there! Merlin in his 30-40’s, then 50-60’s then as a old man! Arthur as he makes England whole.

3. says

Don’t you dare take away the only thing that me and my kids,grand children gather around and watch TOGEATHER !…..this is a show that I like to believe people can still be.
    A powerful wizard Humble him self to a mortal king for the sake of man kind .
    It really is very entertaining. And we still haven’t seen the last of mogana …and when does Merlin tell king aurther he a wizard and has been saving his Arrogant butt all this time.

4. juanita hinton says

absolutely, please bring it back. I absolutely adore it. it is like family, Gilles and Merlins relationship is one of love and respect something you do not see any more these days. the noble, down to earth king Arthur. it is a sweet, family show that teaches family morals to our kids and viewers.

respectfully, a Merlin fan

5. linda says

i really enjoyed this show, along with my family. this show help find time for me and my whole family to bond over the episodes

6. Ana says

Please bring this back for another season, I love this program. Look forward to it every Fri. I started to cry when i heard that it was being cancelled.Please Please!!!!!! bring it back for more seasons. When i am watching Merlin i don’t even listn to my family i only focas on Merlin!!