Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

145 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. April says

More! More!More! My whole family loves it! Please keep it going!There is too much bad tv out there, thank you for making a great show that is completely entertaining and addicting to watch without the bad stuff that most shows feel they have to add for entertainment value. A true mark of a great show!!

2. Rainier from the Philippines says

Please let there be another season. I have been through grieving process because Arthur died. Season 6 please!

3. Karen says

My entire family and I watch this show, and we love it! My daughter laughs, cries, smiles, and giggles in joy at this show. We would be very happy if there was another season! Please!

4. Catherine says

I LOVE this series. Every friday or saturday night, I am on my couch watching this when it’s on. This is so much better than all the other shows that are on the air right now, and good wholesome entertainment for the entire family. I would be completely estatic if there was another season ♥

5. celeste says

i’ve been hoping and wishing for a season 6 of merlin! please bring it back, please.. it would be a great idea XD

6. pjm says

I currently watched Merlin on Space Channel in Canada. I came to the series late but have had seasons 1 2 3 which I watch often. I just loved the show and the actors are super. I would love a series SIX _ SEVEN AND MORE
    MOVIES WOULD ALSO BE GREAT
    Come on BBC and Space This is the true entertainment. Not like these crap reality shows. I would like to see the show have some more of the funny adventures of Merlin and all his friends. What happen to the baby white dragon. I think Richard Wilson plays Guis is fab! We want more……….more……….more……
    Do your best. Thanks

7. Magic Mystery says

Something different and new gives us the viewer an escape to a different time and place not seen on the television any more. Merlin gives the viewer this and now it has been given the red light to come to the end. The show is well written and I cannot say anything bad about the actors/actress involved. The writers for this program have an endless supply of missions that can be created to continue airing this great series. There is no excuse the X-Files lasted for about 10 years, so there is no excusing the creators of this series. Make you movies if you wish, but even Star Trek continued to make movies while its series aired on television. I feel the series finale was rushed and the show has gaps that should be aired. Breathe life back into the series and let it last a few more years. If movies are created, like Star Trek keep the same people for these roles as in the television series. I wish the BBC UK, and Canadian Television will back this series, including Australia and the US.

• Hontas says

USA Here!!! Best show in a long time!!! I watched every episode but I was SO disappointed with the finale. I did NOT get the closure I needed or expected from the show. I feel cheated:( I put my time and my emotions into the show and then all of season 5 seemed out of place and rushed. I call Redo or at least do an extension for more closure.

8. Toni says

This is one of the best movies on TV. We look forward to seeing it. Every season, keep it on the air. It beats all these movies with killing, and swearing, I think more movies like Merlin would help clean up this country.