Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

147 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Betty says

I would love to see a Season 6 of Merlin, with Merlin working side by side with Arthur using magic to rule Camelot. I was very disappointed with the ending of Season 5. Please continue this great series. Betty

2. Diane says

Please make a season 6 that continues into the future. Merlin wandering until he finds the present day ARthur and has to convince him of who he is! Oh please make this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Williams says

Please make a season 6 or at least a final movie – you left us wanting for the final conclusion of Camelot and the dream Merlin sought for the past five years!

4. Ella says

Dear BBC & producers & directors pleeeeeeease let there be more seasons to Merlin! This is one of my favorite shows on tv now. I think the movie idea is a great one but we defenitly need a 6th season of Merlin. I mean what happens to Arthur? Does Arthur ever find out about Merlin? These are only a few of the questions I and everyone needs answered. please do some more seasons this show has a whole lot of Fans who not only love the show but those who make it too. Thank you for giving us a chance to give a comment. Amazingly wonderful show. But we need more Merlin.

5. Temmy Jojo says

I would love to see King Arthur and Merlin work hand in hand, rule the kingdom with magic in season six, without anyone knowing who Merlin really is.

6. Temmy Jojo says

Dear producer, please continue with season 6, make Arthur return to Camelot. I love the series from the very start to season 6.

7. Nokiya says

I’m from Philippines, and I really love watching Merlin, and i have a complete copy of the 5 series…but im so disappointed that the ending looks like a rush. i thought i would enjoy watching Arthur reign in cooperation with merlin openly using his magic…please, do not let our enjoyment with Merlin last this instant..

8. says

Oh, how much I wished that Merlin would be continued. It is one of the most creative and inventive TV show I have ever seen. Please bring it back!!!!!

• christopher ross says

Hello; my name is Mr.Christopher E. Ross Sr. i have all of the merlin seasons and would love to add the six season to my collection i would love for you all to bring back merlin in a six season and continue with the seasons.

9. Unhappy says

PLEASE make SEASON 6!!!!!! Love the show and characters. SyFy continue with Merlin Season 6 or you will lose alot of viewers.

10. Astrid says

Please continue with Merlin. It is one of the best series out there. I never miss it!! Please continue on with it. And honestly if I were you I would do a movie as a continuation 😉 Don’t reboot the serise you have so much more you can put in there :)

11. Anonymous says

i would love another season of merlin and the possible rise of king arthur-really bummed when he was killed off it was a great show