Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

147 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I think you should carry on for years , once people start watching this tv show they will like it and look to seeing it on the tube. Really it’s a ok picture to watch, it really was a Merlin ,back in the days you know!

2. Daniel says

I started watching this show 9 days ago and finished every episode. This show is very addicting and it has gotten better every season. It’s too bad they feel they have lost ratings because many did not even know about the show. I really wish and hope that this show continues. Save Arthur and keep it going!!!

3. says

They should definitely make season six of merlin!!! I can’t live without the show!! I would just die if they canceled it forever!! Please I beg you, no matter how much it takes. I know it’s a lot to ask for, but please just listen to me this once. I also may Include the fact that I know tons of people who would beg to see another season. It may sound really stupid and desperate, but this show is too awesome to cancel. You can’t stop now!! This show was a great success!!!!!!!!!! I know I would do anything to see t again. :) please?

4. Ki Ki says

PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW!!! I LOVE IT AND MISS IT SO MUCH! FIFTH SEASON ENDED TOO SOON! NEED ARTHUR BACK!!!!

5. Andrew says

Please, please make a 6th season of continuation. I’m begging you. Don’t start the story all over again just for us to see more details. There was plenty of details already. I was dying to see the world where magic finally was allowed to exist openly and that world only came when the series ended (supposedly). Boooooo! I want to see the druids welcomed to camelot openly and see them aiding the knights of the round table. That’s what I’ve been aching to see. Bringing Arthur back would just be awesome and add the perfect cherry on top to magic being welcomed back to the kingdom. The movies sound great too. Continue the show please. For the love of Camelot, please do not redo the story with extra details.

6. Vanessa says

PLEASE don’t cancel MERLIN!!! It is such a wonderful show. We need a season 6 and more to follow. Please don’t let it end.

7. Anita Leigh says

I would love to see the story continue not too sure about the movie idea but all for the series. You got to bring some people back though.