Merlin: Season Three TV Show Debuts on January 7th

MerlinSeason three of Merlin is set to kick off on Syfy on Friday, January 7th reports The Futon Critic.

The fantasy series, revolving around young versions of the legendary Merlin and King Arthur, is produced overseas for the BBC and is distributed all over the world. NBC cancelled Merlin after one season but Syfy took it over and aired season two from April to July of this year. It performed well enough that the cable channel purchased season three.

At the time, Merlin creator/executive producer Johnny Capps said, “The upcoming season will add an exciting new twist to Merlin’s ongoing struggle to protect Prince Arthur, as well as thrilling audiences with bigger and bolder action sequences, stunning CGI monsters, mysterious villains and comic fun for all the family.”

Season three has already aired overseas and a fourth round of episodes has been ordered. Syfy will likely wait to see how well season three performs before deciding on whether to purchase season four.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to Merlin’s return?

mary green December 8, 2010 at 11:46 am

I love merlin can’t wait for it to come back on.And pray that there is a fourth season, its something about pictures like merlin, sinbad and all the others good clean fun and some fantasy makes for a great movie nite

michele irene korelus December 6, 2010 at 1:58 am

hi. my name is michele irene. I really love the tv series merline andi am looking forward for the tv series merline to come back. I wish to say that i think all the actors who work so hard on the tv series have done I wonderful job and I wish them all good luck. espeacilally bradely james who plays authur. it must be very exhusting to do all that stuntts on the show. I am an actress too and I would like to auditon on your tv show merline. can you please email me Thank you.

Debbie Scott December 3, 2010 at 1:45 pm

MERLIN THIS DESERVES ALL CAPS LOL!!!!!!! LOVE IT CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS NEXT. ILL BE THERE WITH POPCORN ON HAND

Karen Rumpler December 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I have enjoyed Merlin since season 1 and am looking forward to its return in January. The winter is a good time for another show to begin its season since we will be in the middle of the winter doldrums with our regular shows (Supernatural, Hawaii Five-O) taking breaks for the holidays and a little longer (unfortunately).
I always thought Merlin was a cute show and very funny at times. I am a history major and have seen Medieval Times 3 times and even went to the MD Renaissance Festival twice and found it to be very interesting and a good learning experience.
Definitely looking forward to a new season. I think Arthur is cute!

arna November 30, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I am definately looking forward to season 3 of “The Adventures of Merlin”!!! Hopefully, it will continue on past that!

Julie November 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I love this show. It’s clever, fun and bascially fit for all family members. A very rare thing these days! I wish there were more shows like it.

I’m pleased to hear that it will continue for another season and hopefully for many more.

Jeff November 30, 2010 at 12:41 am

I was scared that it was canceled, but I am happy to hear that they are going to give it another look. I can’t wait for it.

Bernice Lingenfelter November 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Two of my favorite shows were Merlin and Legend of the Seeker. I am told the latter did not make new episodes, which makes me very sad and I wish Merlin was on sooner so we don’t have to wait so long. I think both shows would have a large audience if they were more widely advertised. I didn’t find either of the shows last year until the season was almost over. I hope they will reconsider about making another season of the Legend as these type shows are very popular. The Harry Potter movies attest to this and they have a lot of similarities.

KERRY November 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Are you kidding?My son and I can not wait!!!!The best family show on t.v.We do not miss a episode!!

Cel November 25, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Thank God, I heard we’d possibly have to wait for April! I am sooooo excited. Like I said before this show only gets better.

Dave November 24, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Merlin is good clean fun with very talented actors and actresses. We love Merlin and hope that it continues on for many years to come!!

nate November 24, 2010 at 6:01 pm

i love this show cant wait for it to come back on.

kim November 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I love this show.Great family time a show that any age can watch.We are watching season 3 right now thanks to castv.

Natalie November 23, 2010 at 6:46 pm

My husband and I love Merlin. We also have friends and relatives who are looking forward to seeing season three!

Sharon Raymond November 23, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I just love Merlin.
I like all the characters and have seen all the availible episodes.
I hope there is a season 4.
I love the antics between Merlin and Arthur and have a good laugh at them.
When I was very young we used to watch Robin Hood and Sir Lancelot. I loved those shows with all the fantasy, and Royalty. Merlin makes me smile as they did.

Thanks
Sharon

mary green December 8, 2010 at 11:33 am

i love merlin and everytime i start to love a show the network takes its off.i just want to thank who ever is bringing it back thank you thank you yours truly a loyal fan