Merlin

MerlinNetwork: NBC, Syfy
Episodes: 65 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: June 21, 2009 — May 31, 2013
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Anthony Head, John Hurt, Richard Wilson, Katie McGrath, Angel Coulby, Michelle Ryan, Caroline Faber, Michael Cronin, David Durham, Gary Oliver, Rick English, and Ed Coleman.

merlin past TV show

TV show description:
A drama series that brings a new take to the story of Merlin (Colin Morgan), the sorcerer of Arthurian legend.

In this version, the mythical kingdom of Camelot is a fantastical realm of legendary beasts and mysterious people, a dangerous world where magic has been banned by the stern and protective king, Uther Pendragon (Anthony Stewart Head).

When Merlin, a young man gifted with extraordinary magical powers, arrives in the kingdom, he quickly makes enemies — including the heir to Uther’s crown, headstrong Prince Arthur (Bradley James). Guided by Uther’s wise physician Gaius (Richard Wilson) and The Great Dragon (voiced by John Hurt), Merlin begins use his talents to unlock Camelot’s numerous mystical secrets. As he does so, he discovers that his destiny and that of Arthur, the kingdom’s young leader in waiting, are inextricably linked. Merlin becomes Arthur’s servant and begins to bond with the Prince

Morgana (Katie McGrath) is the daughter of Uther’s deceased best friend, and now the King’s ward. Despite their class differences, she is best friends with her servant girl, Gwen (Angel Coulby). Though Gwen generally has an open and friendly personality, she occasionally butts heads with Arthur.

Meanwhile, Nimueh (Michelle Ryan), a beautiful and powerful sorceress, is bent on destroying Uther, Arthur, and restoring magic to Camelot.

space

Series Finale

Episode #65 – The Diamond of the Day (part 2)
Merlin escapes the Crystal Cave after regaining his magic. He travels to Camlann and uses his powers to help defeat Morgana’s troops. During the battle, Mordred gives Arthur a fatal wound but Arthur gives him one of his own. As Arthur lays dying, Merlin confesses to his friend that he is a sorcerer and to save him, they must travel to Avalon.

In Camelot, Morgana’s spy is discovered and hanged. Sirs Gwaine and Percival hunt down Morgana. She overpowers them and tortures Gwaine to death, but not before she extracts Arthur’s location from him.

Morgana reaches Merlin and Arthur and attacks them. Wielding Excalibur (which was forged in Dragon’s breath), Merlin kills her but, even with the help of The Great Dragon, does not get Arthur to the island in time. Arthur thanks Merlin for his friendship and loyalty — and then dies in his arms.

The Great Dragon confirms that Arthur is dead. Merlin realizes his destiny is to protect the King’s resting place. He throws Excalibur into the waters of Avalon and then sends Arthur’s body after it.

Guinevere ascends the throne of Camelot and Gaius becomes her mentor. Merlin waits by Avalon for the rise of Arthur. In the present day, we see that an immortal Merlin is still waiting for his friend Arthur to rise again — as the “Once and Future King” is destined to do when Albion’s need is greatest.
First aired: May 31, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Merlin TV series? Do you think it should have ended or continued for a sixth season?

Charla May 12, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Merlin…Eureka….Lost Girl….Warehouse 13…..etc..etc…etc….IF ITS ACTUALLY WORTH WATCHING…THEN IS JUST HAS TO BE CANCELLED BY A MORONS!

deloris May 10, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Merlin is one of my favorite shows, hate that it’s being cancelled. RECONSIDER!!!

Jennifer H. May 10, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I love this show! I will be sad to see it end. I never thought that it would end so soon.

Joyce April 19, 2013 at 8:49 pm

You guys just get worse and worse. whenever I moved and was forced to use a different cable co. or satellite co. I always made sure the Sy-Fy station was one of the stations I recieved. I no longer care if I get it or not. As a matter of fact, I don’t watch it anymore. What’s with all the crap you are expecting us to watch now. Battling Robots? Really? I’m sick and tired of the good shows disappearing and junk replacing it! Reality shows are just as bad. If I wanted reality, I would turn off the TV all together and get on with life 24-7. I like fantasy and sci fi so I can forget reality for a while. Get it together guys and give us back the shows we like. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

Anonymous May 4, 2013 at 10:44 am

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

lild0113 April 19, 2013 at 6:59 am

I think its a great show and should not. Very sad to see it end. Why are all the good shows ending or being cancelled? The networks get you hooked then end the shows. Its very frustrating.

Evie April 8, 2013 at 4:38 am

I hate it ! Why they cancel most of the good show ?
Oh may be They want us not to watch ti vi anymore , instead, go out enjoy fresh air or get drunk ?

Pam Brown April 5, 2013 at 11:57 am

I am sooo sad to see Merlin end. First they cancel the secret circle and now merlin. What’s left to watch? Most of the crap on tv is NOT made for children to watch. It’s all about sex and being gross. I want my Merlin back. I love this show.

Nomi April 4, 2013 at 11:36 pm

This was on of the WORST endings possible!
Understandable that it got cancelled…but seriously…
ENDING IT ON A CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!!!!!!
not nice!

BON March 29, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW SEASON 6 PLEASE HOPE YOU WILL RECONSIDER

Duane March 27, 2013 at 1:19 pm

What happened to it??? SYFY put on some stupid robot fight in it’s place! Hope the finish this good show soon and we don’t have to wait more weeks.

Walter March 27, 2013 at 12:03 am

This has to be one of the best series on TV in a long time. Great story, wonderful actors and actresses, and just a good clean story. This will be missed big time. I even got the wife interested in it. The chemistry between Merlin and Arthur is great.
I also miss Eureka which I thought was a very clever imaginative show. Warehouse 13 is also great.
As others have said here, they put lots of crap on and the shows that people really enjoy, they end.

Ken (Senior Citizen) March 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

A GREAT SERIES —–EXTREMELY ENTERTAINING………………OWN SEASONS 1-4 NOW AND WAITING FOR SEASON 5………………………ONE OF THE BEST ON THE SCI-FI CHANNEL……………………………WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SEASON 6……………..WARNER CABLE IS ALWAYS ENDING SOMETHING THAT IS EXTREMELY GOOD AND LEAVING PURE “CRAP” ON THE SCI-FI CHANNEL…………………HAVE REALLY HAD IT WITH WARNER CABLE…………..

cindy johnson March 19, 2013 at 8:31 pm

syfy has turned into a channel i no longer waste my time with-it’s has become so bad with nothing worth while to watch- no stargate,,atlantise, spin off,no battlestar,you ended good showes like euricka,sancuary (pardon my bad spelling) you know what tv shows i’m talking about.when the last 4 good shows- lost girl,contimuine,wharehouse 13,being humane are thrown out for the junk being offered now say good bye to the last syfy fans

Imitzi hall March 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

I am an advid an faithful fan of Merlin. I enjoy the show and I the to see it go

Kay March 15, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Hopefully they will reconsider because in this day and times it is fun to let one wonder about magical times instead of all that’s currently going on all over this world!