Mike & Molly: Season Four Ratings

mike and molly season 4This season, CBS decided to delay Mike & Molly until mid-season or until one of their new shows was cancelled (the latter didn’t take long). How will the sitcom do this season? Could it be cancelled or is it almost guaranteed to be renewed because of syndication profits? Time will tell!

On this season of Mike & Molly, Molly (Melissa McCarthy) has quit her teaching job to pursue a career as a writer while Mike (Billy Gardell) continues working as a cop. The rest of the cast includes Swoosie Kurtz, Katy Mixon, Louis Mustillo, Reno Wilson, Cleo King, Rondi Reed, Nyambi Nyambi, and David Anthony Higgins.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

4/15 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

For comparisons: The third season of Mike & Molly averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.4 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Mike & Molly TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fifth season?

Donna April 13, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I’m a new watcher – just a few months now. I find the characters interesting and likable. I noticed a lot of funny moments and overall am a loyal viewer but I think the show could be better. I hope it comes back on new and improved.

Christy March 13, 2014 at 8:46 pm

This show was great. Did you fire the original writers? The original openin song was great … the new one … really? Did you lose the rights to the original song? I loved the original show, this season has been really bad.

michaelene gon February 13, 2014 at 11:09 am

Dislike it now. Liked it before.

Would be best with Swoozie and her man , plus katy Mixon taking the lead . Swoozie is grossly under used here.
Melissa….not likable now. Mike…as what? King of Queens was similar and FAR SUPEROR to this thing!

Anonymous February 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Have only watched one or two shows for this season. I’d rather read a book or go to sleep than to watch any more of them. Not funny any more.

Joyce January 25, 2014 at 11:36 am

Don’t like the opening song, show not as funny, needs to bring Cleo King back!!! Why did they change the format?!P.s THE OPENING SONG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jax January 26, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I am behind in watching a lot of my series recordings of Mike & Molly and as I watch an episode (maybe one every 3 weeks), I don’t find it as funny. Am thinking of deleting all of them, but will watch a couple more and see what to do then.

Lil dokie January 14, 2014 at 9:41 pm

going to stop watching. I do not need canned laughter to let me know when a line is funny. I DO have a sense of humor and I do NOT need to be prompt by canned laughter.

Gonz December 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

New musical opening SUCKS. Lost it’s appeal. Need to go back to basics. Great cast use them.

Jax December 16, 2013 at 11:52 am

Mike & Molly should definitely be renewed. Funny characters.

Gary December 11, 2013 at 9:47 am

Not good, stopped watching it’s been lost it’s way.

Lisa November 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Very disappointed in the new direction….not has funny.

Rose November 7, 2013 at 6:44 am

Very disappointed in the first episode. Hope it get funnier.