Mike & Molly

Mike & MollyNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 20, 2010 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Billy Gardell, Katy Mixon, Melissa McCarthy, Nyambi Nyambi, Reno Wilson, and Swoosie Kurtz.

mike & molly past TV show

TV show description:
Created in part by Chuck Lorre, this sitcom’s story follows an obese couple living in Chicago who meet at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. She’s comfortable with the way she is, but he’d like to lose a little.

Officer Mike Biggs (Billy Gardell) has a good heart and really wants to shed the extra pounds. His thin partner, Officer Carl McMillan (Reno Wilson), seems to be the opposite. He’s always teasing Mike but underneath it all, Carl’s encouraging to him. They frequent a diner with a Senegalese waiter, Samuel (Nyambi Nyambi), who has no concept about dieting at all.

Molly Flynn (Melissa McCarthy) is a fourth-grade teacher who’d like to be comfortable with her curvy body. Her sister Victoria (Katy Mixon) and mother Joyce (Swoosie Kurtz) both have it so much easier. They have great figures that they don’t seem to have to work for and pay no mind about eating right in front of her.

Mike speaks up at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting and meets Molly after his speech. Neither came there looking for love, but they’re also not going to turn it down if they can find it. Mike and Molly are willing to try it and see if they can make it work.

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Greta Miller says

DO NOT EVER, EVER CANCEL THE SHOW OF MIKE & MOLLY. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT IS ENJOYED BY MYSELF, MY FAMILY AND OTHER SENIORS.
    AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED, IT COULD GO OUT & BEYOND CHEERS AND SEINFELD SHOWS. WE MUST ADMIT WE DID ENJOY THOSE AS WELL. BUT IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE WE ENJOYED A SHOW LIKE MIKE & MOLLY. WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM AS WELL AS THEIR RE-RUNS. PLEASE KNOW THAT HERE IN CHICAGO AND SUBURBS THEY ARE FOUNDLY THOUGHT OF. THANK YOU

2. Randy A Stockwell says

that show is great they need to put it back on. Not sure how they decide what to cancel. but they need to start getting better

3. says

THIS SHOW IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST SHOWS THAT I’VE SEEN IN A LONG WHILE . THE CAST IS GREAT ESPECIALLY PEGGY, MIKE’S MOM. WHEREVER DID YOU FIND THIS ACTRESS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER PERFORM IN ANY OTHER SHOWS BEFORE. SHE’S A PIECE OF WORK. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW SEASON WHENEVER THAT MIGHT BE. LET ME KNOW PLEASE!

4. Nursey says

WE Love Mike and Molly PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!! Forget two and half men not funny without the old cast…………………Mike and Molly ,Nana Carl Peggy Biggs are great and so is Jim…the whole show is worth keeping it’s cute not gross as some shows are..We need funny family shows not all this reality crap

5. Bret says

If the Nov. 11 episode is any indication, apparently the “new” part of “Mike & Molly” is that Molly has become a complete idiot and has no respect for Mike’s job. Her behavior in the ride-along sequences wasn’t at all funny and not at all what I would’ve expected from the Molly of previous seasons.

6. jrk says

Best show I have seen in a long time. Funny and keeps you laughing. Get rid of 2 broke girls and keep MIKE & MOLLY!!!!

7. Donna says

YES!! Jest read where “Mike & Molly” hasn’t been cancelled!! Whoo Hoo!!!
    Bring ’em on!!! Almost as good of news that the Redskins won…lol!!!

8. Doona says

I LOVE Mike & Molly! Plz don’t take them off the air! They are the best thing to come along sing “I Love Lucy” now that’s saying a lot!!
    My week will be ruined without them…Plz tell, when’s their fall debut?

9. says

The only show I stop everything and watch! The best show to hit tv in years. The ensemle cast is fabulous! Love every one of them. The interplay is genious.
    “Mike” and “Molly” are played beautifully.
    I haven’t heard anything about the time and day of their season premier.

10. Anthony says

This is the best new show of the season!!!!!every cast member is hilarious.if they even consider canceling this show I’m starting a no holds barred petition. Every time I watch this show I laugh so much my chest hurt. I love the way they use 2 big people(being one myself) as the main character is just brilliant. It just shows u that loves knows no size. Mike&molly ten year run baby!!!!!!

11. Mary Alice Mullin says

My Family loves this show! The relationships are so priceless!! We laugh so
    much we miss some of the banter…my grown daughters call me and we laugh the
    next day! Love Mike and Molly!

12. Regina Humphreys says

I love THIS SHOW!! Have always liked Melissa McCarthy. But Swoosie Kutz & The Sister are PRICELESS!!!!! EVERYTHING about this show works! Will support it forever. LOVE IT!!!!

13. Sharon says

LOVED !!! the show , I was laughing so much I had to keep rewinding because I was missing the jokes ! Great job, I’m a dispatcher for Chicago Police and its just really funny , you got them to a “T” especially in the car and the talk . Thanks for a great laugh at what is usually the end of a very long day at work !