Mind Games: Season One Ratings

Mind Games on ABC ratingsChristian Slater hasn’t found much success on television with his past shows being cancelled due to low ratings. Will Mind Games be a different story? Will ABC finally find a successful show to fill the Tuesdays at 10pm timeslot? Stay tuned!

On Mind Games, a pair of brothers (Slater and Steve Zahn) use psychological manipulation to solve problems and to make people’s dreams come true. The rest of the cast includes Megalyn Echikunwoke, Wynn Everett, Gregory Marcel, Cedric Sanders, and Jaime Ray Newman.

3/27 update: ABC has pulled this show off the air after five episodes.

3/6 update: Cancel or keep this new ABC series?

What do you think? Do you like the Mind Games TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Anonymous April 8, 2014 at 7:24 am

I thought the show was great, good plots and mix of mental illness and science coming together, too bad

lloyd a cohen April 8, 2014 at 5:23 pm

stupidity shines in this mindless mess called a tv show

Anonymous March 28, 2014 at 2:47 am

This show would have had a chance if they went more towards comedy than all serious. I liked the idea and thought that there could be good humor with the two leads, but alas ABC thought a drama was needed.

Jean Kramer March 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm

It should be cancelled. What really set me off is that Mind Games has 13 episodes, 5 episodes have been aired and there’s no word of it being cancelled. Killer Women had only 8 episodes and it was cancelled after 2 airings. Killer Women was never intended to be a series because Mind Games was done with filming so Killer Women gets the ax. With Killer Women you have a strong female lead character, Ranger Molly Parker who is smart, tough, gusty, no non sense and caring woman. With Mind Games you have two brothers with no personalities and a show with nothing but yelling but yet Mind Games is still on the air. What it really comes down to is that there’s an gender issue going on.

Brian March 24, 2014 at 12:36 am

I actually liked the show…past-tense. I am sick of shows ramming politics down my throat. Is it possible to help everyday people with everyday problems without ramming gun-control ideology and environmentalism down my throat? I maintain my guns responsibly. I believe in being a good steward of the environment. I am not interested in being preached to about them or any of the myriad other cause celebs that TV writers feel they must tackle if they are to be relevant. I don’t appreciate having it force fed to me in an emotionally saturated sandwich when I am trying to watch TV. This will not be the first show I stopped watching because of this. I had to look for this show online because it is not On Demand and it airs opposite Justified, which I am NOT going to miss, so…no big loss…I guess. Too bad…I like the premise and the actors.

marcia March 13, 2014 at 3:56 am

i was initially excited about this show cuz i love christian slater, i’ll always have a place in my tv/movies heart for the guy, even if the roles he chooses aren’t always successful lol. but after the 1st epi, i just couldn’t get into this show. i was trying to watch this week’s epi earlier and stopped it after a half hr cuz i realized i hadn’t been paying attn, and took it off my rec’s list. i feel it’s a doomed show. i’m honestly surprised it’s made it this far. and steve zahn just isn’t appealing as an actor IMO, he brings down the show even more.

Watcher March 1, 2014 at 2:15 am

Oh my God! Someone shut Steve Zahn up!!

Jo Graham February 28, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Slater is great as usual and Zahn is just too crazy to watch, Found myself muting and fast forwarding him

HiThere February 28, 2014 at 4:43 pm

What a terrible show. I turned it off after 30 minutes. It gets really annoying when all the dialogue is just people screaming at each other.

monieet February 27, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Could be the mental version of Leverage if it is done correctly. The writing is a bit off, and could be more front handed with back handed flash backs to drop some of the scientific terms which are not memorable at all. Clean it up if you want a hit.

lloyd a cohen February 27, 2014 at 6:11 pm

waste of time–unimaginative completely forgettable

Richard Santiago February 26, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I’m still fueming from Killer Women cancellation, so I am findIng it difficult potentially repeating the mistake of getting to love a show only to have it yanked abruptly………..sorry can’t bring myself to care about watching it!

Samara February 26, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I’m going to watch it on demand, but I don’t think that putting it up against Person of Interest and Chicago Fire was a very smart strategy!

Samara March 6, 2014 at 4:51 pm

This show has not been put on demand yet! While I adore Christian Slater and Steve Zahn, I am not willing to give up POI or Chicago Fire! If ABC wants this show to have a chance, then either put it on demand or move it to a less competitive time slot!

Amy February 26, 2014 at 4:53 pm

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it, but since it is more intelligent, like Awake was, it will more than likely be cancelled. People would rather watch Honey Boo Boo, and Duck Dynasty crap.

lloyd a cohen February 26, 2014 at 2:43 pm

show is insipid, moronic, a cheep and poor brainless man’s imitation of the DeCaprio film Boring and non-entertaining Another reason not to watch ABC

William Schroedter February 26, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Looks like Christian Slater’s non-success on TV will be continuing, the show stinks IMHO.

Why Watch February 26, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Bad start to the ratings. It doesn’t look like any form of manipulation will keep this show around for long.