Mind Games

Mind Games TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 13 but eight unaired (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 25, 2014 — March 25, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steve Zahn, Christian Slater, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Wynn Everett, Gregory Marcel, Cedric Sanders, and Jaime Ray Newman.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramedy revolves around two brothers who problem solve using psychological manipulation. They can tailor a plan to influence any life-altering situation, thereby making their clients’ dreams come true and their nightmares go away.

Their unusual Edwards and Associates business is based on the belief that people’s decisions are influenced by their environment in ways they’re not aware.

A former university professor and world-renowned expert in the fields of human behavior, psychology and motivation, Clark Edwards (Steve Zahn) has a checkered history, which stems from his bipolar disorder. Clark’s academic career imploded when the university became aware that he was having an affair with a 22-year-old undergraduate. He’s still unable to reconcile losing the girl, and tries to focus his manic energy on his brother’s new fortune-making plan.

Ross Edwards (Christian Slater) is a brilliant schemer who’s recently been released from prison after a two-year stint for fraud. He comes up with a business model that he believes can make him and his team millions of dollars. This divorced and incurable ladies’ man often confuses honesty with opportunism. Although his energy is infectious, his tactics can be questionable and his strategies border on the illegal.

Also on their team are:

Latrell Griffin (Cedric Sanders) is a serious and talented young man. He’s from a tough neighborhood and was recruited by Ross who saw a raw and untapped talent for business in him.

Miles Hood (Gregory Marcel) is a geeky trust-fund-baby. He’s a promising behavioral psychology grad student with Clark’s flair for the science and Ross’ general disregard for ethics.

Samantha “Sam” Gordon (Jaime Ray Newman) is an ex-con who Ross met during his court-mandated group therapy and rehabilitation sessions. Sam’s abilities to read people and improvise is impressive and allowed her to work her way onto the team.

Megan Shane (Megalyn Echikunwoke) is an actress who uses her beauty and acting skills to help the team turn their scientific schemes into real world results.

Beth Scott (Katherine Cunningham) is the former undergrad student with whom Clark had the affair. She claims to still be in love with Clark, but Ross wonders if she can handle an actual relationship with his brother.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13
This episode has not aired yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Mind Games TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

eve May 7, 2014 at 1:49 pm

mind games was the best show iv ever seen and its truly sad that I will not bet able to see more …

lisa May 2, 2014 at 11:07 am

This was a show that stood out from the rest. Intelligent, beautifully acted, great writing. Of course they’d cancel it. The real slap in the face is that they replaced it with, Celebrity Wife Swap….

ME April 28, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I loved this show! I thought it was original and funny and looked forward to it every week…..why not finish the 13 episodes???? bummmmmmed

olwen April 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I figured it was cancelled but not surprized. I didn’t care for Slater’s or Zahn’s characters although I’m sure Zahn’s character is very true to life. I agree that Slater’s shows keep getting cancelled but I think he can get better or a better agent.

sydawna picou April 27, 2014 at 4:06 pm

This was the best, most accurate show on television! Steven Zahn should get an emmy for his performance!!! Why did they cancel this show? Please, Please, put it back on the air!!

lisa May 2, 2014 at 11:10 am

AGREED! At least put what’s left of it on Hulu or Netflix.

Mitzie April 25, 2014 at 7:35 pm

What the heck?! I love this show! Why do the networks keep canceling Christian Slater?! I was so excited to see he had another show. I loved the combination of Christian Slater and Steve Zahn. Bring it back! Or can one of the cable networks please pick it up??

Valerie April 25, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I think we should start a “Twitter; Facebook; and whatever else we can do”! to get this show back. How could networks be so dumb!

valerie April 25, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Why did they cancel this? It was a really good show. I love Christian Slater and every show he is in Networks cancel? This show was different and smart and funny and dramatic.. and why why why? There are so few good shows on TV now…

LaQuita McVIcker April 22, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I really like this show. Keep it. I like all C Slater’s shows and they keep taking them
off.

Anonymous April 18, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I love this show what the heck? Christian Slater and Steve Zahn are awesome together! Leave Christian Slater’s shows on the air, we like them!!!

Mqrgaret Y April 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm

It was a good show. Every show I like gets cancelled. You have to let a series find it’s way and that is at least two seasons.

terri April 17, 2014 at 9:18 am

great show! just needs a chance. christian slater @ his best,a show you can enjoy and really get into…. of course it would be cancelled…. just what i told our grown family members when they all agreed it’s a great show… ” just watch…it’ll be cancelled”, and here we are. makes you not want to watch abc,they’re kind of out of touch with what we want, and don’t really give great shows a chance, so why bother giving them a chance either.

Becky April 17, 2014 at 1:13 am

Please un-cancel. It is inspiring in so many ways. Finally a show for Adults. Please!!

Paul Bourke April 16, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Will the remaining episodes be aired – possibly this summer?

admin April 16, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Maybe but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Hanna April 15, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I am so disappointed that this series was cancelled. Please bring this back! Finally found a show to watch that involved a totally different concept from the usual. I’m back to looking for something of interest. Please reconsider.