Missing: Ratings for the 2011-12 TV Season

Missing TV showHere are the ratings for the Missing TV series — the TV show in which a former CIA Agent/mom (Ashley Judd) searches for her missing son. The first season of Missing typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Missing will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. Check out our ABC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final series averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.59 million total viewers.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 05/17/12 (series finale)
1.3 in the demo (+18% episode-to-episode change) with 6.53 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.45 in the demo with 7.59 million.

UPDATE: Missing has been cancelled.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 05/10/12
1.1 in the demo (-8% episode-to-episode change) with 6.37 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.47 in the demo with 7.70 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 05/03/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% episode-to-episode change) with 6.32 million; tied for fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.51 in the demo with 7.87 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 04/26/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.98 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.56 in the demo with 8.09 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 04/19/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.23 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.58 in the demo with 8.28 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/12/12
1.4 in the demo (-7% episode-to-episode change) with 7.91 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.62 in the demo with 8.49 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/05/12
1.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.24 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.68 in the demo with 8.63 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 03/29/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 7.87 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.73 in the demo with 9.09 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 03/22/12
1.6 in the demo (-24% episode-to-episode change) with 8.81 million; fourth place at 8pm, third at 8:30pm.
Season average: 1.85 in the demo with 9.71 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 03/15/12
2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.60 million total viewers; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.10 in the demo with 10.60 million.

It was an okay start for Ashley Judd and company. Former occupant Wipeout had been attracting a 1.5 in the demo and it’s of course important to remember that the debut was opposite American Idol. In the fall, Charlie’s Angels also debuted in the 8pm timeslot with a 2.1 in the demo and was cancelled not too long afterward because the numbers dwindled downward. Will the same happen to Missing? Stay tuned.

What do you think? Do you like the Missing TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

gmrbella February 21, 2013 at 7:46 am

I really enjoyed the show and very disappointed. Gorgeous scenery and NOT REALITY. sometimes it is nice to not have to always be “living” and need an escape

Chisom February 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Are you kidding? This doesn’t make sense. How can you cancel MISSING? PLS BRING IT BACK!

Barbara February 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

What a big mistake to cancel this series….. We absolutely looked forward
to seeing this every week. Need it back. Yes, I think we learned from it also.
I”m not a comedy type person for shows to watch. Can’t believe it didn’t
continue.
Bring it back.

C Ungerer January 30, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Please bring the series back it the only best show out there before summer I was looking foward to watching it in March again I’m really disapointed Really was looking foward to see who kidnapped Ashley Judd I can’t believe you canceled it . It is better than all those reallity shows and cooking shows.

Anonymous January 27, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Totally loved this show! I can’t believe it isn’t being renewed.

Marij January 7, 2013 at 1:58 am

I don’t understand why cancel Missing, its one of the best.
shame on you ABC!!

sarena January 2, 2013 at 12:17 pm

maybe it s me ……I really ejoy the show and am dissapointed that it has been canceled

Jan Sparks December 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I loved this show! Please do not cancel!

marpy December 8, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Missing season 2….please

Monica November 1, 2012 at 4:07 am

I find ot a terrible mistake that they canselt the serie. They just can’t do this. I hope they will let it go through for a second season

Anonymous October 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I love the show. Don’t cancel it!!

danielle bates October 2, 2012 at 3:31 am

please do not cancel this program, it is one of the best on tv!!!!!

Shawna McWright September 29, 2012 at 8:03 am

I really enjoyed watching missing,it was so
Intense, the suspense, the actors and actresses
were great. I don’t know why the networks
would have stupid reality shows and these
other new shows coming out but cancel Missing.
I was so looking forward to Season 2

Marsha Humphreys October 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm

You cancel Missing and it was really good never miss it, Yet you keep these shows on that have no merit to them shame on you. Bring it back, because alot of people don’t want to start watching a show then you cancel it and ABC is good for that.

Cindy Lawrence September 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Bring Missing back!!!!! I have waited all summer this is a good show please I love this show and the cast. Real actors and actress not reality crap. Bring it back now.

Melinda October 2, 2012 at 12:18 am

I agree!! I want Missing season 2 to go on to. it was one of the best shows on network tv. I will miss missing if it doesn’t come back

LUIS FALTO September 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I AM FASCINATED WITH THE SHOW MISSING AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE THE SUMMER FOR THE SHOW TO START AGAIN IN THE FALL AS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR REVENGE AND NOW THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS BACK I FIND IT DISTURBING BECAUSE I DON’T LIKE REALITY SHOW NOR DO I HAVE CABLE TO AFFORD TO SEE SUCH SILLY REALITIES ABOUT LOVE, HILL BILLY LIFE, WOMEN WHO ARE MARRIED TO BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, FOOTBALL OR ANY ATHLETE! THIS IS TROUBLESOME! LET’S GET BACK TO THE BASICS WHERE WATCHING TV WAS A FAMILY EVENT AND WE ALL LEARNED FROM IT AND NOW COPIED FROM IT! PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW IT IS ALSO GOOD FOR THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY! PLEASE HELP BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A HEART !!!!!