Missing

Missing TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: March 15, 2012 – May 17, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Ashley Judd, Adriano Giannini, Nick Eversman, Cliff Curtis, Tereza Voriskova, and Sean Bean.

current TV show

TV show description:
Ten years ago, Paul Winstone (Sean Bean), a CIA Agent, was killed in a car-bombing in Europe. He left behind his wife Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd) and their young son who witnessed the murder.

In the present, we learn that Becca is a single mother who has given up her life as a CIA Agent and become a florist. When her 18-year-old son Michael (Nick Eversman) is afforded the opportunity to study abroad, Becca reluctantly agrees that it’s time to let him go.

Soon after he arrives overseas, Michael disappears and Becca immediately suspects foul play. When she arrives in Rome, she begins piecing together the clues left behind. It isn’t long before the kidnappers realize they’ve picked a fight with the wrong woman.

Reviving her skills as a lethal CIA Agent, Becca has to also rely on old friends and must reopen old wounds. Her resourcefulness, skills, and determination are put to the test as this single mother fights to rescue her only child.

space

Series Finale

Episode 10 — Rain on the Evil and on the Good
Dax learns that Paul Winstone has been arrested for smuggling a billet of uranium that has the potential to build seven nuclear weapons. There are more containers out there-enough to wipeout 50 million people. Dax lets Becca know that he’s savvy to the news that Martin Newman is the mastermind behind the syndicate. They need to get to Turkey to find Michael. That’s something Becca is not willing to do without Paul. She needs Dax to help break him out of prison. The escape goes down flawlessly.

Violet knows when and where Martin’s uranium deal is going down. She also knows where Michael is being held. Dax is having her transferred to get all the details, but Violet makes a daring escape while on the road. She’s recaptured after a shootout and chase in the woods. She lets Becca know that she’s too late. Michael will be dead the moment Martin’s deal goes down.

Violet refuses to give up the location of the deal. Flashbacks reveal a time in Chechnya where Becca and Paul were tasked with delivering a prisoner who they knew would be tortured. They defy orders to help their prisoner escape his captors. They just couldn’t let him to be tortured. Becca faces her inner demons as she promises Violet she’ll do whatever it takes to find her son. Even though it goes against her basic moral principles, Becca stays true to her word. Violet eventually tells her what she wants to know.

Michael senses that something may not be right about Martin. Oksana does her best to convince him all is well for his own safety. Still, Michael can’t help snooping. He finds the passports his uncle claimed had yet to arrive. Oksana finally reveals what she knows about the people they are with. Michael assures her that no one will abuse them ever again. This is just before Martin tells them it’s time to go.

Becca is a quivering wreck after having tortured Violet. She lets them know that Martin’s deal is going down at the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Martin enters the vast space of this Christian church turned mosque. Becca notices that Michael isn’t with them. He’s likely nearby though. A synchronized drop of backpacks has terrorists scattering with the uranium billets. Police swarm the area to chase after the runners. Martin is also on the move. He shoots Paul in the shoulder. Becca takes off after him.

All of the runners are eventually captured. Their backpacks are empty. They were all decoys. Dax realizes Martin made small talk with a tourist just before the deal went down. He races back to the Hagia Sophia to track the young woman down. She’s the real courier. Her chat with Martin was a done in code. Interpol agent Susan Grantham believes Dax’s quick thinking will make him a star at the CIA.

Martin fires on Becca as the getaway car arrives. Michael is inside. Becca puts a bullet in the driver. She also takes down the man holding Oksana. Martin, however, is holding a gun to her son’s head. He pushes Michael away after seeing the police are headed their way. Finally, finally, finally Becca is reunited with her son. She looks as if she never wants to let him go, but she does. This isn’t over yet. Martin is still on the run. Becca is hot on his trail.

Becca chases Martin onto a roof lined with rows of domed cones. She moves among the domes while dodging bullets. Becca gets Martin in her sights. BANG! She hits her target. Martin doesn’t believe Becca will kill him. She’s not a cold-blooded agent anymore. Becca says, “You’re right. I’m not. I’m a mother.” Martin notices the steely look in Becca’s eyes. BANG! The showdown on the roof ends. Becca stands on the ledge to let the others know that the nightmare is finally over.

Dax allows the local police to take credit for finding the uranium in exchange for letting Becca go free. Michael can’t believe his eyes when he sees his dad walking toward him. The three Winstones hug. After all this time, they are a family again. A week later, Paul lets Michael know how proud he is of him just before Becca pulls up in her car. SMASH! The car rear ends another vehicle. Michael rushes over to see that his mom is not inside. There’s blood on the driver’s seat. There’s a bullet hole in the back windshield. Michael and Paul have no idea what’s happened. The only thing they know for sure is that Becca Winstone is missing.
First aired: May 17, 2012.

space

nicole May 15, 2012 at 8:36 am

Please don’t cancel missing, Its an awesome show!!!!! Instaed of cancelling, move to different time slot, give it another season abc, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Tony Simpkins May 14, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I think this is a great show. I never miss it.

dana May 14, 2012 at 5:47 pm

i am very upset i see missing going to be cancel please dont do that

Khalilah May 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

REALLY!!!! I am not happy.. How can you do this to people?? It is all about these damn reality shows.. I like reality shows, but come on I need a good show sometimes…

Laura May 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm

You didnt even give it a chance! Try season 2 trust me THERE’S A LOT more people that watch it some record it and watch it the next day(like me) others watch it on netflix give it a chance please

lynn May 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Very dissappointed this is being cancelled, great action and suspense I also never missed a show! How do we get a campaign going to not cancel?

Disappointed Chick May 14, 2012 at 11:44 am

I use to think that TV shows were made for the public. If we watched the shows then the ratings would be great. Obviously, that does not matter anymore. The attitude I see is to hell with what the public thinks, we are cancelling shows just for the heck of it. Instead, they leave on this stupid shows, they are not funny, have not plot, and I always changed the channel. Like many of the post listed here, Missing had an exciting premise. Truth be told, I orginally decided to watch this show, because of Ashley Judd. She is a wonderful actress. But I was hooked from show one. From the begining to the end I am involved, and feel like I am part of the show. This is just another mistake the networks are making. Perhaps it is time to get new people on the top floor. I lost three shows so far, I will not get involved in another show again. Missing is a great show.

Allyson May 14, 2012 at 8:46 am

This was a GREAT SHOW! Ashly Judd was very beleivable in the role and the story line kept the viewer on the edge of their seats the entire show. Very disappointing that the network is not giving the show a fair chance. I will not be watching any new shows with this network because you cannot trust they will bring the good ones back for another year. I’d rather read a book that waste my time becoming attached to a show that is going to be yanked away.

Shame on you

janice May 13, 2012 at 9:31 am

Please don’t cancel Missing, it is a good show and Ashley Judd is one of the better actors to come around lately. I will watch anything she is in. ABC is wrong if they cancel this show…..

SaveMissing May 13, 2012 at 4:35 am

I can’t believe Missing was cancelled! If ratings were an issue why didn’t you change the time or night before you pulled the plug? The was well written and the cast was excellent! It had that 24 appeal! I hope another network or Hulu or Netflix picks this up!

Candace May 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I do not understand why this EXCELLENT show was cancelled. To me this was the best show around. I never fell asleep nor did I get bored and feel irritated while watching. This was a great show – very unique and original. Please give it another chance.

SharonLee May 13, 2012 at 12:53 am

Please don’t cancel “Missing.” It is a great show with a wonderful cast and good production values. My friends and I really enjoy this show.

tricia May 12, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Missing is one the best new shows to come along in a very long time, if it is cancelled who ever makes this decision is a fool and does not care about ratings.
The show has not been on air long enough for the net work to know whether it is a hit.

Natasha May 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Please don’t cancel Missing. This is the second show this week that I watch that’s been cancelled. It’s horrible how good shows get cancelled and there are horrible shows out there that go on for like 10 seasons. Missing is an excellent show with a great cast of people who can actually act and the concept is interesting. Hope it can be picked up by another network.

Mom rating May 11, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Please don’t cancel!!! So many of us love this show!!!

bailey May 11, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Missing is a terrific show….do not cancel it! Love it never missed a show….