Mixology: New Sitcom Cancelled by ABC

Mixology TV show on ABC premiere ratingsIt’s almost last call for the cast and crew of ABC‘s Mixology sitcom. The network has cancelled the new series after 11 airings.

A comedy, Mixology revolves around 10 people on one night in a trendy New York bar. The cast includes Adam Campbell, Adan Canto, Alexis Carra, Craig Frank, Ginger Gonzaga, Blake Lee, Vanessa Lengies, Andrew Santino, Frankie Shaw, and Kate Simses.

Airing after Modern Family on Wednesday nights, Mixology debuted to a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.98 million viewers. Those numbers aren’t bad but considering the lead-in, the ratings should have been better. They quickly dropped in subsequent weeks, likely sealing its fate.

Of the cancellation, co-star Shaw tweeted, “Sad day. Love to all you #Mixology fans. Keep watching! Great episodes left, esp the finale. xoxoxoxo”

There are two unaired episodes remaining and they are expected to run on May 14th and May 21st.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Mixology? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled it?

April October 24, 2014 at 4:25 am

I just found this show on netflix & loved it. I’m so sad they cancelled the show. I hope some other network will pick it up.

Camila October 13, 2014 at 10:57 am

I’ve always wanted to watch this but never found the time. The other night I found it on Netflix and was hooked. Its sad it got canceled:/

Emily October 12, 2014 at 6:01 am

I’m so freakin…. Pissed… I really loved this show! I watched all of season 1 in 1 night because that is how much I loved it:((( I’m so bummed there isn’t a season 2… I likes where they were going with the show!! It could of been popular!!

Simon September 26, 2014 at 7:08 am

I’m so sad this show was canceled me and my cousin watched all the episodes together in just a day. We were hooked to the show! we really loved it why did it have to cancel :((((

janaeT8 September 23, 2014 at 12:56 am

I am so bummed

Augen September 17, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Come on!!!! Really? First funny show after friends and it gets cancelled wrong network HBO come to the rescue!!!

meg September 15, 2014 at 11:10 pm

My husband and I have almost completed the first season on netflix and love this show. Laughed out loud and appreciate that its different than every other show on the tube. We really hope that someone picks this up. I think maybe it was just on the wrong network or time slot to reach viewers who could truly enjoy its humor. Great job to the writers and cast for keeping us so entertained!

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 1:19 am

Just watched the whole season on netflix and loved this show. Laughed out loud countless times i hope netflix or someone picks this up.

kristopher yang August 19, 2014 at 1:51 am

I LOVE MIXOLOGY!!!!!

mike August 19, 2014 at 12:59 am

This show is hilarious!!! Great cast, good jokes. Abc is a lame family oriented network. If netflix were to pick it up and fund a season 2 that’d be great.

Dan Yancura August 16, 2014 at 7:55 pm

It’s really a shame that Mixology was cancelled after just 1 season. It was a very funny, very original. A real world kind of show that was extremely well acted and unbelievably well written . That’s something really rare on TV today. Sorry, rare on NETWORK TV. It seems now-a-days it’s only on HBO, Netflix and just a couple other basic cable networks that we see such interesting and well put together programming. Probably why the viewing public is going elsewhere more & more, faster & faster and willing to pay and pay extra for something GOOD. I guess Mixology will just go down as another show that was just TOO real, funny, original, just too good for network TV. Ya know, Seinfeld almost didn’t make it past it’s 1st OR even it’s 2nd season either but someone smart saw the genius in it & stuck with it. Jerry & the gang wouldn’t have made it in todays TV world either. Think about it 2014 TV execs. Todays modern world of more modern savvy people is passing you bye. We really need a show about………. nothing again!!

ettie August 16, 2014 at 8:48 am

Love this show……truly love the cast….bring more