Mixology: New Sitcom Cancelled by ABC

Mixology TV show on ABC premiere ratingsIt’s almost last call for the cast and crew of ABC‘s Mixology sitcom. The network has cancelled the new series after 11 airings.

A comedy, Mixology revolves around 10 people on one night in a trendy New York bar. The cast includes Adam Campbell, Adan Canto, Alexis Carra, Craig Frank, Ginger Gonzaga, Blake Lee, Vanessa Lengies, Andrew Santino, Frankie Shaw, and Kate Simses.

Airing after Modern Family on Wednesday nights, Mixology debuted to a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.98 million viewers. Those numbers aren’t bad but considering the lead-in, the ratings should have been better. They quickly dropped in subsequent weeks, likely sealing its fate.

Of the cancellation, co-star Shaw tweeted, “Sad day. Love to all you #Mixology fans. Keep watching! Great episodes left, esp the finale. xoxoxoxo”

There are two unaired episodes remaining and they are expected to run on May 14th and May 21st.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Mixology? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled it?

Madi February 17, 2015 at 1:58 am

im 15 and me and my friends started this show today and finished it. We loved it! I wish there was more!!

Sami February 15, 2015 at 2:04 am

I think this show is awesome, it is a perfect Netflix series. Episodes should be watched sequentially rather than waiting a week in between new episodes. Bring the second season of mixology! The show is too good to be left at only 1 season, especially with the finale it had. I loved it!

Jon January 31, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I LOVE mixology. I could not WAIT to see the next episode and I just finished closing time. I want more please. What about the millions and I mean millions of fans like me wanting more? Please don’t make this BIG mistake. Please do not cancel this show.

Ernie January 31, 2015 at 12:43 am

My fiancĂ© and I just finish season 1 on Netflix and are really sad to hear ABC cancelled it.. That doesn’t make sense to us.. We loved it and want to see more!!!

Megan January 28, 2015 at 11:56 am

I, being a younger viewer, found the show charming and hilarious. I watched the entire series on Netflix. I think the show would do well if it took off the same way that orange is the new black did and become a series on netflix. This is especially true because I think that many people my age, being busy during the time the show would air, would be able to have access to it.

Odrys January 15, 2015 at 12:52 am

This show is awesome!!! Extremely hilarious, well played I’ve never actually laughed out loud before seeing this show. Please baby jesus give it back!!!!!!!

Kim January 2, 2015 at 8:57 pm

This show is amazing!!! Great jokes and great cast!! Please someone give us a second season ASAP!!