Mixology: New Sitcom Cancelled by ABC

Mixology TV show on ABC premiere ratingsIt’s almost last call for the cast and crew of ABC‘s Mixology sitcom. The network has cancelled the new series after 11 airings.

A comedy, Mixology revolves around 10 people on one night in a trendy New York bar. The cast includes Adam Campbell, Adan Canto, Alexis Carra, Craig Frank, Ginger Gonzaga, Blake Lee, Vanessa Lengies, Andrew Santino, Frankie Shaw, and Kate Simses.

Airing after Modern Family on Wednesday nights, Mixology debuted to a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.98 million viewers. Those numbers aren’t bad but considering the lead-in, the ratings should have been better. They quickly dropped in subsequent weeks, likely sealing its fate.

Of the cancellation, co-star Shaw tweeted, “Sad day. Love to all you #Mixology fans. Keep watching! Great episodes left, esp the finale. xoxoxoxo”

There are two unaired episodes remaining and they are expected to run on May 14th and May 21st.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Mixology? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled it?

Kat girl August 16, 2014 at 3:24 am

I think it’s crap how good realistic shows get cancelled all the time! Yes it might of been a little crude and insulting. However the show captured how truly shallow most Americans are, especially in a bar. I bet that most of the people writing their snotty remarks are guilty of being superficial assholes at least once in their lifetimes. It’s a disappointment that this show had to end but maybe it will be picked up on a network with less of an uptight audience.

Ry August 7, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Liv and Ron are the cutest couple in the whole world!! PLEASE tell me that they see each other again! Lie to me if you have to!! They are so perfect!!! I cried when she left him, I told my friends about it and they told their friends and all of their friends loved the show too!! They couldn’t stop watching it either, just finished watching Mixology in one night, could not stop watching the episodes lol. Neither could my BFF. Please bring back Liv and Ron ASAP!

Charlie August 5, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Who’s idea was it to cancel the show? #hilarious

Geno August 5, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Just finished it in Netflix… can’t see what ask the hate was about, pretty awesome show! Couldn’t so watching eps, finished it in 2 days. Not sure where they’d go with a second season, but it would have been worth a watch to find out. Hopefully another network will pick it up. Add it to Netflix’s awesome line up so that it can really dive in and go all out!

Tammy August 5, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Bring it back! Bring it back! Is there some sort of petition that we can sign or something!??! lol. I want to know what happens next!!! I want to follow Liv’s journey in finding herself. Do her and Ron ever see each other again?!?! omg! I am dying to see more!!!!

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 7:18 am

I honestly am very disapointed that abc did this it is a great show and sure its not the show for everyone but i havent heard a single person say they didnt like it. Abc could have atleast had an epilouge to this amazing show. I would have liked if they had made season two as the same people in the same bar a year later with some new characters. I just think they made a very big mistake

Joe August 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I agree… I watched this when it aired, and just finished watching it this weekend on Netflix with a girlie…we both LOVED it. Hope ABC reconsiders.

Carmen July 31, 2014 at 6:36 pm

BRING BACK MIXOLOGY

Anonymous July 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Saw the whole thing on Netflix in one sitting. Didnt even wanna get up to eat! Why they cancelled it amazes me.. they definitely gotta bring it back for a second season! I havent heard a single person say they didnt like it!

Anonymous August 1, 2014 at 2:33 am

I did the exact same thing and i totally agree mixology is amazing I wish they hadn’t canceled it!! :(

John July 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Awesome show.. Why would ABC cancel this show? I discovered this show from Netflix.
This was probably the only good show on ABC and it got cancelled. Sad.

Marylene July 30, 2014 at 12:09 am

They really need to bring it back! I just discovered it on Netflix, and I didn’t get enough. So depressing that it only got one season. Bring it back!!!

Gaetano July 29, 2014 at 7:02 am

The show was amazing!!! Why in gods name did you cancel the show. The cast was adorable and plot twists were awesome. I wish their was a season 2

Jimmy July 28, 2014 at 1:00 am

Really great show. Can’t believe they cancelled it. Only heard of it when browsing shows on Netflix. But binge-watched the whole season in 2 days. Really hope ABC reconsiders or Netflix picks this up. Great cast and seriously funny.

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Would love to see season 2. Watched the whole season in 2 days! Loved it

Michael July 27, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Just started watching on Netflix. Whole family is hooked! Would be awesome for someone to figure out that this show is having a great second run on Netflix and renew it….

Greg July 27, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Freaking love Mixology. Had never heard of it until I saw it on Netflix and I binge watched the whole thing in a day. Love it. I would love to see Netflix pick it up and continue it because its just so good

angel July 27, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Best show ever saw everything in like 2 days. The characters are hilarious and I was hooked and that final episode with Maya and Tom actually gave me Goosebumps and Bruce is super funny.Season2should definitely