Modern Family: Season Five Ratings

modern family season five ratingsThis family sitcom has been the top scripted series on ABC. Will Modern Family continue to be as popular in season five? Is it already guaranteed a sixth season? We’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Modern Family follows three Los Angeles familes who are interrelated through Jay Pritchett and his adult children. The returning ensemble cast is Ed O’Neill, Sofía Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez, and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.

5/8 update: Modern Family has been renewed for a sixth season by ABC.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Modern Family averaged a 4.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.11 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Modern Family TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a sixth season?

Anonymous August 15, 2014 at 1:06 am

I’ve tried watching this show but I just can’t get through an entire episode. I hate the camera work, it’s very annoying. I also hate that the characters speak directly to the camera. This show gets very offensive at times.

Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 11:19 pm

what happened to good humor and real comedy…this is all about being immature and not to mention the very crude humor…..this tv show is bullcrap and is a great example of how familys should not act…

Shelli July 5, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Me and my entire family love this show. Re runs and all. My grandmother even watches!

Shelli July 5, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Love ths show. My nana loves it, my 19 year old loves it, my 11 year old loves it!
I dont know anyone who doesnt watch it…and love it!

TVwatcher May 17, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Modern Family is a disgrace. Its no surprise that this sick world will sit and say how great it is. Zero morals. Junk TV. Brainwash the masses.

collette stillie May 5, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I love modern family it makes me laugh from start to finish no matter what mood imIin im always smiling at thecend I hope theres many seasons to come but abc always cancel the good shows

Sean April 10, 2014 at 12:45 am

If ABC cancels Modern Family, I will never watch that network again. The show has been consistently funny for the past 5 seasons. There’s so much more to do on that show.

Asta March 26, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I hope modern family has more seasons, it’s such a good show!!!! I love it and it’s so funny but I see a lot of people that don’t like modern family anymore so I’m afraid ABC is going to cancel it. I really love the show though so I hope not!

Scotty January 25, 2014 at 10:00 am

I hope modern family stays around for many more seasons
But I don’t trust ABC– they seem to like to cancel favorite shows before its time so I try not to get attached to or watch ABC shows for this reason
Like flash forward especially
So it should be renewed and continued but if AbC knows how popular and great the show is — they may be the kiss of death