Mom: Season One Ratings

Mom TV show on CBS: cancel or renew?Chuck Lorre has co-created another sitcom for CBSMom. Will it be a ratings smash like The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men or, will it be a dud and be cancelled instead? Is there room for yet another Lorre sitcom? Stay tuned!

On Mom, a single mom in recovery (Anna Faris) returns to live with her single mother, who’s also in recovery (Allison Janney). The cast of the show includes Sadie Calvano, Blake Garrett Rosenthal, Spencer Daniels, Matt Jones, Nick Corddry, and French Stewart.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.57 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Mom TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

44 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Noah says

I think they should kill the show, than there is a more likely chance of TaaHM getting renewed, AND I REALLY WANT TaaHM RENEWED!

2. Sunny West says

Just found this TV show and Love it !!! It makes me laugh , it’s fun !!! It’s no where near my kind of life style but I know people who live on the edge like this .It’s just …Real… no hold backs and funny , please keep it going , I just posted about it on fb last night after watching 5 episodes On Demand through Comcast cable . Can’t wait for more !!!

3. Josh Thomas says

Very clever show about a mother and daughter in recovery and trying to get their life back on track. I think Allison Janny and Anna Ferris have great mother daughter chemistry and they are outrageously funny. You can tell the writers have 12 step and recovery experiences. This show is not a message show just a Chuck Lorre laugh out loud comedy. I love it. I did not like the episode directed by John Cryer, or the writing in that episode. I love the episodes that mostly revolve around the recovery meetings. Olivia Spencer is great as a guest AA member. Some of the supporting case- French Stewart and others leave me cold, but the Janny/Ferris scenes are wonderful

4. ann says

My 30 yr old daughter and I watch this show, and have it saved on our DVR so we can re watch it later. We love it. I continue to be confused by people who think it is too racey or something, but yet will watch all kind of violence. It does not condone drugs, alcohol or anything else any more than encouraging your kids to have a hepatitis B vaccination encourages kids to go get Hepatitis! These are huge problems and the show invites dialogue, and provides encouragement. For the “moral” people on here, I have one thing to say to you. Nice that you are so pure that you can sit in judgement on people you do not know. What is that saying? Oh yeah, “judge not so you will not be judged”

Lastly- this is entertainment. The TV is not responsible for raising your children. You are. There is this really fancy device on your TV. It’s called the off switch. If you don’t like the show or don’t want your kids watching it, utilize this clever little device, and go outside for a walk or something.

Hmmm……

5. Tom J says

Way to go CBS a comedy about addiction! REALLY? This translates to kids as cool. Maybe your kids should watch this crap! My son died from drugs and…..guess what? It wasn’t Really that funny! Oh well maybe your kids overdose will be? Lets just make it cool to be addicted. A**holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Erin russell says

I love this show! The message of a woman struggling back to being a good mother making better choices for hersel and her kids is AMAZING! All those out there judging its content are missing the point! Luv u Anna Farris!

7. ThatBob says

Mom did okay retaining from 2 Broke Girls, but that show was way, way down from last year. Mom might do better if they move it to 8:30 as We Are Men looks like a likely loser. Mom had some laughs and has a good cast and might have a chance with a better lead in, despite what the fundies and the Chuck Lorrie haters who haunt these message boards say.

8. Tom says

I’ve removed this from my DVR recording lineup. The messages that this show is sending out is, well, not good. (I cleaned up what I really wanted to say) Trying to make something funny out of being a tramp and doing drugs just didn’t work for me. I’m not some holier than thou type person. We all have faults and make mistakes in life. There’s just nothing funny here. How about something funny but is about people who aren’t all screwed up?!

• Kenny says

I love this show! Don’t listen to all of the people slamming it on moral issues. They’re usually the most screwed up. Besides, they haven’t been happy since 7th Heaven was cancelled! It’s television folks, not church!

• Tom says

Kenny, you don’t know me so don’t make comments in my direction. Besides the moral issue’s, which is my personal opinion, this show is NOT funny and has now redeeming value what so ever.

9. Diane says

I wasnt sure i would like the show when I first tunedin, but after the first scene it got really good! I love Allison Janet and Anna ferris chemistry; good writing, great characters. I will definitely watch and hope it stays on!

10. Anonymous says

Really a show about a mom that is a ***** and did DRUGS and her daughter followed in her footsteps. WHAT ARE WE TEACHING ARE CHILDRED. HOW ABOUT A GOOD CLEAN SHOW FOR A CHANGE.

• Bob says

Great Show …. Reality101. There is so much truth here. I see a young knocked up teen that might break out, but stuck with a stupid kid that want get a career. He seems devoted to her but he well never provide for a family. A Mother that wanted to do better but never went to college and what did she do, became a waitress. And the grandmother who lives in denial trying to stay young with her daughter thinking she is still this hot 28 year old that everyone wants to hit that. The other old broads at the AA meeting admire her and the Old AA me drool over her, rather she thinks they do but It seems she just puts out to all of them to be popular. It shows the Mental Health condition of most of America today from the married boyfriend to the stuck up chief.

• Anonymous says

They don’t know where to find people that are creative enough for a clean show. So they hire people without morale fiber or self respect to do the job.