Monday Mornings: TNT Show Cancelled, No Second Season

Monday Mornings canceled, no season twoIn addition to dropping Southland, TNT has also cancelled Monday Mornings. There won’t be a second season for the freshman medical drama.

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

That just wasn’t enough for TNT to want to order a second season and they’ve now officially cancelled it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that TNT has pulled the plug on Monday Mornings? Why do you think it didn’t catch on with a bigger audience?

Ray May 13, 2013 at 7:22 am

This is one of the many stupid ideas that has come from the networks lately!!!!!!!!!!! They put a good show on that really shows some talent in their cast, and intelligence in the storylines and they take it off right after it catches on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These networks need to get their head out of theirs @#$#@#$’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenda May 12, 2013 at 7:45 pm

It figures!!!! This has been one of the few INTELLIGENT series on TV and the powers that be don’t think it is worth air time. That slot can now be used for another mindless reality show that promotes bad behavior and stupidity. I m ashamed of American programming and now watch the British shows that are on PBS.
Wake up!!

pudelkat May 12, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Are you frickin CRAZY??? So many other shows to cancel but you pick one that actually has a great cast and great acting not to mention great stories!

Patty Witzel May 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I am so mad that Monday Mornings was cancelled. It was my favorite show. This always happens to me. It seems that all young people watch stupid shows and older people get the shaft. Please send more comments to see if they will bring it back you never gave it a chance.

Patty Witzel May 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Connie May 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

I was disappointed to hear that Monday Mornings will not be on for another season. It was a great show & I looked forward to watching it every week. Please reconsider & keep it on.

Rob Kilby May 12, 2013 at 9:02 am

My wife and I are truly disappointed. Monday Mornings has been our look forward to show since the first episode. Don’t know anything about the possibility of another network picking it up, but if one does, please don’t change a thing. To the writers and cast, hold your heads high, job well done.

Elaine May 12, 2013 at 5:30 am

It always happens to me. When an intelligent, well-written show comes on the air and I love it, it always gets cancelled. Great show with exciting characters and story lines. Maybe another network will pick it up. I guess I’m in the minority, not in the brainless majority.

nana zanna May 12, 2013 at 3:09 am

this show was a very good show I am very unhappy about it being canceled. I think dallas sucks…. and monday mornings should be saved.. and dallas canceled.

Carl Gant May 11, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I loved this show! I don’t usually watch medical dramas but I was easily hooked after the first episode. I too hope that it will be picked up by another network.

John May 11, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Monday mornings was a great show, best medic show for ages,think Matt was correct in his statement,need a brain to watch it, hope another network picks it up,so surprised by this

Matt May 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

It just goes to show you that networks aim for the lowest common denominator when keeping shows. Reality shows, that require the intelligence of a cricket to follow, stay on air but shows that play to peoples intelligence get canned. Go figure.

Ruth May 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Monday mornings was an excellent show. Hopefully, another network will pick it up. Remember what happened with Monk?

Kay May 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Monday Mornings was an excellent show – disappointed to hear it was cancelled.

Donna May 11, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I think canceling Monday Mornings is a bunch of crap. Why is it that when a good show comes along, networks cancel it? Monday Mornings was a great show and we never missed an episode.