Monday Mornings: TNT Show Cancelled, No Second Season

Monday Mornings canceled, no season twoIn addition to dropping Southland, TNT has also cancelled Monday Mornings. There won’t be a second season for the freshman medical drama.

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

That just wasn’t enough for TNT to want to order a second season and they’ve now officially cancelled it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that TNT has pulled the plug on Monday Mornings? Why do you think it didn’t catch on with a bigger audience?

Gene June 15, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Reconsider, this show was great!!!!!

Anonymous June 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Keep this show. It is great,!!!

Lenore June 14, 2013 at 12:15 am

My husband and I are really disappointed. We were looking forward to the second season. It was a really good show. WHAT? Are you going to replace it with more
garbage shows?

C Taylor June 12, 2013 at 7:58 am

Is there a petition or something we could get together and ask TNT to reconsider? It wasn’t properly advertised nor hyped like other shows and I am sure more viewers would watch if they even new it existed! I am a former Broadcast Radio Station owner and have been in the industry long enough to recognize a winner!!

C Taylor June 12, 2013 at 7:54 am

SERIOUSLY????????????????? Monday Mornings was one of the absolute best shows this season!! My sister suggested it to me and I was hooked from day 1! Please do not cancel this show, it was so different and informative than the other “Doctor” shows on television! When will the powers that be get it?

Linda Halfpop June 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm

This was so good….I was looking forward to watching the 2nd season. So sad it has been cancelled. Used to watch this on the edge of my seat every week.

Anonymous June 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Really???? TNT you don’t get! You get a good show that you don’t promote so you drop it? You lost a viewer

Sara and Tony June 4, 2013 at 9:01 pm

We really enjoyed this show and were looking forward to seeing.
Sara

Darkojazz June 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Finally a great Doctor Show and you CANCELLED IT ???
You did not give it enough air time or advertise it for other people to even know
that it exists. Instead you leave us with show like Wilard for meth head teens.

Jim Steele May 27, 2013 at 8:21 pm

We really enjoyed this show and are sorry it is being cancelled. I am not surprised it had low viewing numbers since it was substituted with basket ball and other shows almost as many times as it was shown. The cancellation of this show is a mistake.

Anonymous May 21, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I looked forward to watching this series every Monday. I really enjoyed it. I am disappointed that they cancelled it.

Jane Douglas May 21, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Most intelligent show on TV in a long time – needs time to catch on – wasn’t sufficiently advertised, not given time to grow audience. I sa it referred to in print as “the best show on television you’re not watching”. Great cast, just hitting their stride. Surely someone with a brain can save this program, at least give it a chance.

Sheila Lemmert May 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I enjoyed this show so much and am shocked TNT cancelled it. There is so much garbage on TV anymore that I enjoyed a show that had a story line and didn’t make fun of people. I guess that was the problem.

collette smith May 20, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I loved this show. It was not given enough time to catch fire. I hope another station will pick it up. It was vey good. I was disappointed to learn TNT cancelled MM.

FRANNY May 20, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! I WISH THEY WOULD RETHINK THEIR DECESION AND ADVERTISE.