Monday Mornings: TNT Show Cancelled, No Second Season

Monday Mornings canceled, no season twoIn addition to dropping Southland, TNT has also cancelled Monday Mornings. There won’t be a second season for the freshman medical drama.

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

That just wasn’t enough for TNT to want to order a second season and they’ve now officially cancelled it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that TNT has pulled the plug on Monday Mornings? Why do you think it didn’t catch on with a bigger audience?

Amy Munsick October 2, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Well I’ve finally figured out why TNT would cancel such a fabulous show: there were no zombies, werewolves or vampires in the cast!! Honestly, some of us can enjoy a show with believable plots.

Barbara Landry September 26, 2013 at 11:38 pm

This show was fantastic. Agree with all the other comments…..nothing good ever lasts on TV except the dumb shows. I can name so many, but won’t. Sad, sad, sad!

DJ Williams September 14, 2013 at 11:50 pm

This was a really good show. Cant believe they would keep Major Crimes and Rizzoli & Isles but drop this one. We all rushed to get things done so that we could see it every week. We are really disappointed

Susan DiSanti September 13, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Why don’t they give more time to see if another season could bring up the ratings ? I really enjoyed this program and the actors. I don’t see what makes Dallas so great. Please bring it back,not to many good programs on TV anymore.

lostnsavd September 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm

PLEEEAAASEE bring back Monday Mornings!!! My husband and I loved that show. We looked forward to it every week. Honestly, the networks don’t always make the best decisions for its viewers.

Barbara Miller September 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

We had never seen any advertising for this show, and just happened on it by accident one evening. One episode was all it took to make us raving fans. We were captivated, and quickly saw all the programs we had missed, and eagerly awaited the next week’s show. It seemed someone finally got it right: great entertainment with interesting and intelligent story lines, and great casting. What a wonderful break from the tedious and banal reality shows…this show had imagination! It seemed that a network had finally gotten it right. How unfortunate for us that it won’t see another season. Better advertising might have made a difference in viewership; too bad it wasn’t employed. Bring it back, please!!!!

Jean September 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I loved this show, I don’t know why TNT would keep a remake of Dallas, but not something intellegent like Monday Mornings. Why are demographics only rated for 18-49 yrs old? Why is everyone else discriminated against?

cyndy September 1, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I am broken hearted that Monday Mornings was cancelled. It was such a good show – something I looked forward to each week. It’s sad that the American public likes the trashy stuff it is fed and not such an excellent, intelligent show as Monday Mornings. There will be an empty spot in my heart and TV schedule with it gone. It was an excellent show based on an excellent book.

Paula Powers August 23, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I thought this was an insightful and interesting show. It’s a shame that the american public is more interested in overweight children in “reality” shows than something that requires a little intelligence to watch.

Debbie August 13, 2013 at 1:00 am

The reason it failed is because it was too intelligent, warm and caring, and thought provoking, a rare TV experience. It made you laugh and cry. Loved the show, ant it’s sad that if 18-49 year olds are not watching, the rest of us don’t stand a chance. Everyone would rather watch an older than time Larry Hagman and not what he used to be Patrick Duffy. Get a clue, networks, not everything is about 18-49 year olds, been there, done that.

carla August 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm

This was one of the best shows on TV!! The actors were amazing. I was so looking forward to season 2. What a shame you did not give it a chance- ratings aren’t everything.

Charlotte Wilson August 6, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Shame on you that was an amazing show! Shame! Shame!

Keyser Soze August 6, 2013 at 11:58 am

TNT…..cancel Monday Mornings…..stupid stupid stupid. TNT has screwed up on this decision.

Charlotte Wilson August 6, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I agree with you. I hope TNT sees our comments.

HOLYOKE HIGHLANDER August 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm

LOVED SHOW ~ WONDERFUL TOPICS WITH SUPERB ACTORS!!!
MY HUSBAND & I LOOKED FORWARD TO WATCHING, AND IT
WAS TALKED ABOUT/DISCUSSED OVER LUNCH THE NEXT DAY.
DIFFICULT TO ATTRACT FOLLOWING WHEN BROUGHT ON MID
SEASON. SHOULD BE GIVEN MORE TIME.

Leida Ortiz August 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Please bring it back! My husband and I really enjoyed this show. Give it a chance after only one season.