Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

James Berk April 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm

We loved the show and will be very very disappointed if it does not return. We especially liked the Asian brain surgeon, a man of few words but great skills.

Roger & Beverly Anderson April 15, 2013 at 11:05 pm

We thoroughly enjoyed “Monday Mornings”. Excellent cast! Excellent interplay of characters. We wonder whether being shown on lesser known station didn’t give it the attention it deserves. Please keep it going next season.

grrl April 15, 2013 at 11:04 pm

absolutely love this show, and so does my dad and sister. I’m 36, my sister 35, and my dad 65 and we all tape it and watch it and talk about it all day Tuesday together.

I never watched Dallas and couldn’t give a sh*t about it, but this hospital drama is great.

please keep it!

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 11:03 pm

please keep it!

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 10:58 pm

keep it

mary April 15, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I think the show should go on, it’s the only intense show that has no sex scenes or inappropriate scenes. why they are not cancelling stupid Kardashian shows or Nashville, is it because lots of kissing & sex is happening?

Angela April 15, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Great show! Great writing and thoughtful plots. Loved the cast! PLEASE bring it back for another season.

D Dickson April 15, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Keep the show !!! One of my favorites !

Linda Skelly April 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Bring it back! Best new show I have seen in a long time. Not enough promos for it to make it !

chasingveronica April 15, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I genuinely liked this show.

Susanne Raines April 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Please don’t cancel this show, its the best drama I have seen in a real long time

Greg Boyle April 15, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Please do not cancel this show. It is the greatest drama we have seen in a very long time

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 10:15 pm

My parents and I extremely enjoyed watching Monday Mornings!!!
It is an exciting and funny show that should continue with many
more seasons. Just because the ratings aren’t as high as Dallas, that
doesn’t mean the show should be canceled!!!!! We want more, we want
more, we really like it, we want more!!!!!!

Elizabeth April 15, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I Love this show I hope they keep it! I love the fast pace of it an the actors are great!

gaydara Doran April 15, 2013 at 10:10 pm