Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Linda April 21, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Absolutely love this show…..with Dr. Sanjay Gupta involved, it already has a gold star added to it…I wait every week to watch this show, it does not need to be cancelled. It is engaging and intense, and shows a side of hospital life rarely seen on other medical shows. Alfred Molina is brilliant as Chief of Staff. It would be a mistake to cancel. Being on the TNT network may be why some cannot watch.

Robert April 21, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Wife & I both really have enjoyed Monday Mornings. BRING IT BACK!! More publicity is probably needed. We tell all our friends how much we have enjoyed the show.

ryguythemcfyguy April 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

this show is sweet – keep it y’all!

Rebecca April 21, 2013 at 11:02 am

Please continue with Season 2 of this program. It was one of the best show ever on tv and would be a giant loss if not continued.

Please don’t diagnose “dead”!!!!!!

Tracie April 21, 2013 at 9:11 am

This show was awesome. Please don’t cancel!!!

Harriet Long April 21, 2013 at 9:10 am

Loved Monday Mornings. It’s one of the best new shows. I think all viewers would love it if they had a chance to see it. I don’t think the show got enough hype. Hope it gets a second season. Bet it will be a big hit.

Max April 21, 2013 at 8:45 am

Please bring it back…I love this show!

Bob April 21, 2013 at 1:01 am

OK, so the docs are a little too good to be true. But to me there is certain realism and excitement to the medical situations. It’s also kind of fun to see them get knocked down a peg at the Monday Morning conferences. I really enjoy the show and hope they get another season.

murali April 21, 2013 at 12:19 am

Please bring it back! Its an awesome show!

Chantay April 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I really enjoyed the show. All of the episodes were very educational, and it helped my family and myself view medical issues in a different way. The knowledge we all received was was excellent. I watched it faithfully every time it was showed, repeated showings as well. It would be really nice to have Monday Mornings aired for a second season.

Betty Morris April 20, 2013 at 5:43 pm

So sorry this show is being cancelled. Love the show and love the characters. Have watched every episode and was so hoping for a scond season!

Arthur Adler April 20, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I always looked forward to watching this show. It needs publicity.

Nunya April 20, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I really enjoyed this show; good cast, especially Alfred Molina. I am not sure why the numbers aren’t what they should be, perhaps it wasn’t hyped enough. It was one of the only shows on Monday evenings I cared to watch as I am not into the tiresome barrage of reality shows that have saturated the networks. Please stop with the reality TV already and bring back good story lines and characters we wanna root for or hate.

Brenda April 20, 2013 at 8:19 am

Bring Monday Mornings back for 2 season, it was a great medical show. Love all the actors.

L-Man April 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm

The only good medical show. Really good cast. Might need a few more characters
though to create a bit more storylines. But a nice start and a great idea for businesses
to have functional quality control. Nothing like getting microscoped to improve one’s
performance.