Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

737 Comments on "Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?"

Notify of

Marie
Marie
May 1, 2013 8:37 am

A great show!!!! Give it another chance. Need to advertise on local channels. I never should have found the show if a friend hadn’t told me about it.

Marie
Marie
May 1, 2013 8:43 am

A great show!!!! Give it another chance.they need to advertise on local channels.

electricjack
electricjack
May 1, 2013 3:18 am

Please do not cancel great show outstanding storyy lines great crew show clicks an the words and actions are 100% real with time it will click as did Magic City….

Teresa Reinitz
May 1, 2013 12:50 am

I had to record it, but I enjoyed every show, I thought it in good taste and I never knew that hospitals had meetings, and if they don’t that goes to show you that you convienced me that they did. Good acting! Please bring it back.

Bernice
Bernice
May 1, 2013 12:07 am

Bring this show back great acting and story lines

Bernice beja
Bernice beja
May 1, 2013 12:05 am

I love Monday mornings . The best medical show and great acting . Bring it back and advertise it more

Jamie
Jamie
April 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Love this show! I initially stumbled across it by chance, but soon I was looking forward to new episodes weekly. Please keep it going!

heather burpee
heather burpee
April 30, 2013 11:48 pm

i love this show. it is brilliant. do not let it go. the audience will catch on and the ratings will grow.

Mauri Blefeld
Mauri Blefeld
April 30, 2013 11:36 pm

I thought was fanius and thought provoking. Don’t cut move it to a mainstream channel.

Rosalyn
Rosalyn
April 30, 2013 11:22 pm

One of my favorite shows! Quality writing and acting! I sure hope it is renewed!

Stephen Waters
Stephen Waters
April 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Monday Mornings is another name for “Mobidity and Mortality.” The meetings depicted are based on reality. The show is fantastic. It is very real to life with great actors and story lines. I hope the executives in charge give it another season!

ron
ron
April 30, 2013 11:15 pm

This is a great show. Don’t make it dead dead. Bring it back.

Shirley
Shirley
April 30, 2013 11:14 pm

I don’t know how they can even consider cancelling this smart, well done, show. The cast is great and the stories are always interesting. I think it is one of the best shows on TV right now. Please keep it on for at least another season, giving more people a chance to discover it.

Loretta Coolidge
Loretta Coolidge
April 30, 2013 10:42 pm

This is a highly believable show. No good guy/bad guys; just real people, facing difficult challenges in medicine. Refreshing, realistic situations depicting the tough choices and the mistakes that happen. Cast is great; Ving Rhames a little questionable for me and I have really liked him in other roles.

Audrey Marcy
Audrey Marcy
April 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Monday Mornings is a really well written and produced show.
There is so much garbage on TV these days so to have a really good show get overlooked doesn’t make sense. Some of the best shows had lousy starts — ER for one.
I hope someone picks it up.

Ron Roth
April 30, 2013 10:28 pm

This show is terrific great acting fabulous writing and
It’s honest the suits need to promote it more let’s get on letterman
Make the late note talk shows a show like House where every week was the
Same what’s wrong with him, her boring. This is for adults who get
Operated on so keep it on

1 14 15 16 17 18 48