Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Cheryl April 16, 2013 at 12:23 am

Please renew! Some of us like to watch smart people dealing with important issues. We have enough mindless shows that play like cheap soap operas! Give us serious content, please!

Ashley April 16, 2013 at 12:08 am

I loved th show and think it should certainly be renewed but be moved to a different time. My father who is now a retired physocian stayed up one night to watch it with me and loved it and said it reminded him of his younger days. He mentioned that it was fairly accurate which he loves when shows that have a scientific view are accurate. The only problem was both my parents went to bed before the show time and were not about to stay up for another hour just to watch a show that late. I have later nights and would watch it with my friends every week but this is a show that would appeal highly to the middle age audience area (the group who adores grays anatomy) it just needs to be moved to a different time to succeed.

Suz April 16, 2013 at 12:00 am

My favorite show!!

Joel April 15, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I am not generally a fan of medical dramas. However, the character combination of Alfred Molina & Ving Rhames got me to tune in. I was hooked from show one. They need to do a better job marketing this show because this is a great show.

stefanie April 15, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I am a rconstructive plastic surgeon in practise 23 years and love this shhow since it does have great scenarios and real lessons Please renew I love it It might do better if it were earlier than 10 pm

Barb April 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I LOVE this show! It is different than other medical shows. I think it should come back for a second season. I will tell more friends about it!!

Jan April 15, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Loved this show….please bring it back….I didn’t even know the season was over…..please bring it back!!

Ann Feehan April 15, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I hope TNT renews this show. The characters are thoroughly developed, it’s a perspective that we’ve never seen before. It’s dramatic and exciting. I DVRd the whole season and then started watching it when we our other shows were on hiatus. Now all we want to see is Monday Mornings! Do the ratings include DVR?

Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 1:14 am

love the show very much. can’t wait for season two.

kevin a. April 15, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Excellent show! Very different take on the medical profession.

Needs more publicity and a better time slot, would do excellent in Winter.

sly April 15, 2013 at 11:33 pm

MOST DEF RENEW!!! ONE OF THE VERY BEST SHOWS ON AIR!!! I finally have a reason to watch TNT!!!

Arleen April 15, 2013 at 11:29 pm

PLEASE RENEW THIS SHOW!!!!!

Bessie April 15, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Love it :) gotta keep it

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Love this show !!! The ratings are low because its late at night and people don’t realize the show even exist … It’s not on one of our prime channels !!!! Thought about that ??? Best show didn’t miss not one ….. Big mistake to take off the air your not giving it a chance try a different market !!! How much did you promote this show … I stumbled across it because I wanted to see Dallas …. Leave the show its wonderful look forward to Monday nights ….

Barb April 15, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I agree! Maybe an earlier time would help. I really do like this show very much!

Danny April 15, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Keep the show . Its like what house was to me for so many years i seen it going places it was just starting to build up to something great

Gary April 15, 2013 at 11:12 pm