Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Lynne April 24, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I really enjoy the show. But like most hospital shows, in real life doctors don’t get that involved with patients and are not that available . The story line is good and I’d hate to see it cancelled.

Deborah Ann April 24, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I love this show ! Hope you don;t cancel it. It’s one off the few shows worth watching on TV!

Brenda Montgomery April 24, 2013 at 11:04 am

I love this show. Cancel…..bad. Renew…..good.

Tzippy April 24, 2013 at 9:56 am

At last, an intelligent show on TV – not the usual reality show drivel that’s out there…and you are actually thinking of pulling it???? Give it a chance!!!!

Karia Danea April 24, 2013 at 9:14 am

One of the best new drama series of the year! Very, very bad time slot. Monday night is packed full of competition. A Tuesday or earlier Thursday time slot would give it the chance it so richly deserves. Do not pull this show! One of the best!

bennaye April 24, 2013 at 8:58 am

Love this show!!!!!!!DONT cancel it

Mitch April 24, 2013 at 7:48 am

Finally, a show that reflects real life experiences and a look behind the doors of a big hospital. I couldn’t wait for Mondays to get here, so I could watch this show. TNT needs to advertise this show more than they did. This show is so much better than Dallas! Please put it on next year!!

Roxanne April 24, 2013 at 4:19 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!

Roxanne April 24, 2013 at 3:35 am

Plz plz don’t cancel this show. It’s important for viewers to see the other side of the medical doctors. Plzzzzzz! Plus I rather watch this than Greys Anatomy!

patty April 24, 2013 at 2:20 am

I WATCH A LOT OF TV and this is the show I look the most forward to seeing every week.
PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!

Eric April 24, 2013 at 12:00 am

This was an extraordinary show. I was very immersed in every eposode and found it to be very entertaining. It should have aired earlier in the evening however since my wife and I would usually watch it on demand the next night.

CJ April 23, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I loved the show and looked forward to seeing it every week. Never missed it and recorded it just in case I couldn’t watch or wanted to watch it again! Please bring it back for those of us who are tired of lame reality shows! I am reading the book, but enjoyed seeing the action on TNT too.

Peggy April 23, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I thought it was one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time. Did not hear about it until it only had three shows left. I’m guessing the promotion for this show wasn’t sufficient. Really hope it comes back. I was so looking forward to the great drama it represented. Much more exciting than the other medical shows which are more of the soap opera genre. I LOVED IT.

Judy Stappert April 23, 2013 at 10:26 pm

A good show comes to television, then before you know it they cancel it. Why are people so interested in survival shows, and stupid shows like Donald Trump with his big mouth yelling your fired, or wife swapping and men and women dating to see which one they will marry. Such bull manure!!!! Not interesting at all. Monday Morning, Burn Notice, flashpoint, Miami Medical, etc. All good shows that never stay running because of the garbage that’s put on. I think you survey the wrong areas. Put the good shows back on.

Brian April 23, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I have never missed an episode and never would…please bring back this show. The shows on tv now days do not compare to this drama. I thank TNT for introducing MM to me.