Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Diana April 16, 2013 at 2:07 am

This show is amazing and deserves more than 10 episodes. It’s smart, funny, intense. The cast is so talented. I was enveloped by the characters at the second episode. Please don’t cancel this show!!!!

Denise April 16, 2013 at 2:06 am

Please Renew this program has an original fresh perspective on a common hospital medical theme on an angle that has never been seen before. RENEW! RENEW!!!!!!!

cathy harmon April 16, 2013 at 1:59 am

Renew!! This is by far the best new series on tv! By the way the age group you surveyed aren’t the ones buying the products! Please Renew.

Mary April 16, 2013 at 1:40 am

RENEW THIS SHOW.

Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 1:30 am

Best medical ever!!! Renew it

Donna B April 16, 2013 at 1:21 am

I love this show too. They have to bring it back. I think it needs more promotions. Most people I know haven’t even heard of it.

Nancy April 16, 2013 at 1:18 am

This is a great show. The problem is not enough PR. Why aren’t the stars working the talk show circuit to promote this really good drama. Love all the cast members. There are only a few shows that I watch on a weekly basis. One was the Closer & the other Homeland. This is right up there. Hope it doesn’t go away for another silly sitcom.

helen April 16, 2013 at 12:57 am

you can not rate monday mornings to dallas. Dallas did not start out on top. So give a show a chance before you can it.

Andy Jordan April 16, 2013 at 12:54 am

We love this show! It needs better promotion, more exposure. Maybe a few spot with Park telling viewers to watch… “not do – die!”

rocky April 16, 2013 at 12:53 am

The show was very good at the beginning, Alfred Molina is a fantastic actor. The last couple of episodes took a dramatic turn and the show resembled a soap opera. The love story was excessively corny and it was another “Grey’s Anatomy”. Why did they have to go there? I knew it was going to be cancelled.

Robin White April 16, 2013 at 12:48 am

I absolutely love the show! Best medical program I have seen on TV. I will be disappointed if you take it off the air. Please leave it on.

Aamir April 16, 2013 at 12:46 am

It’s absolutely phenomenal show.there is absolutely no reason to cancel the show. its the most decent and best show on any network in regards to entertainment and knowledge. Period .

China25 April 16, 2013 at 12:39 am

Please Renew!! It is my favorite show!! Needs better marketing and an earliar time! I look forward to Mondays for Monday Morning.

RON April 16, 2013 at 12:37 am

OMG ! Is this what TV has come to ? Is it all about numbers of viewers only?
I hyped this show to all my contacts. The writing, acting, even the background music are
superb. There IS an audience out there that can be grabbed by this show with proper
placement and support
I LOVE MONDAY MORNINGS !
This show has depth and charactors dealing with medical emergencies and personal life issues of patients and doctors.
Please do not jump to conclusions on this potential blockbuster. Even in baseball with 2 strikes on a talented batter, he can still hit the next pitch out of the park !

kat April 16, 2013 at 12:28 am

I really love this show and I really want it renewed! The story line is great and the actors really make the show…. Advertise this series more!!!! Please!