Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Mauri Blefeld April 30, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I thought was fanius and thought provoking. Don’t cut move it to a mainstream channel.

Rosalyn April 30, 2013 at 11:22 pm

One of my favorite shows! Quality writing and acting! I sure hope it is renewed!

Stephen Waters April 30, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Monday Mornings is another name for “Mobidity and Mortality.” The meetings depicted are based on reality. The show is fantastic. It is very real to life with great actors and story lines. I hope the executives in charge give it another season!

ron April 30, 2013 at 11:15 pm

This is a great show. Don’t make it dead dead. Bring it back.

Shirley April 30, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I don’t know how they can even consider cancelling this smart, well done, show. The cast is great and the stories are always interesting. I think it is one of the best shows on TV right now. Please keep it on for at least another season, giving more people a chance to discover it.

Loretta Coolidge April 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm

This is a highly believable show. No good guy/bad guys; just real people, facing difficult challenges in medicine. Refreshing, realistic situations depicting the tough choices and the mistakes that happen. Cast is great; Ving Rhames a little questionable for me and I have really liked him in other roles.

Audrey Marcy April 30, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Monday Mornings is a really well written and produced show.
There is so much garbage on TV these days so to have a really good show get overlooked doesn’t make sense. Some of the best shows had lousy starts — ER for one.
I hope someone picks it up.

Ron Roth April 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm

This show is terrific great acting fabulous writing and
It’s honest the suits need to promote it more let’s get on letterman
Make the late note talk shows a show like House where every week was the
Same what’s wrong with him, her boring. This is for adults who get
Operated on so keep it on

Rod April 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm

This is my favorite show. I couldn’t wait for every episode. It is super high quality with talented actors. I feel bad the numbers weren’t higher. Perhaps it is the time slot and lack of promotion. Sanjay should use his other platforms to promote it. Perhaps the lack of well known actors is also a problem. I will be really sad if it doesn’t get renewed.

Bill Champion April 30, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I’m in the medical profession,and I thoroughly enjoy it. It makes me so angry. This has happened before. When people don’t understand something,they don’t try to figure it out, they just want to get rid of it. My colleagues and I find it not only entertaining, but,also informative. I hope it doesn’t go away because in the few short weeks it was on,I learned alot. I never heard of the other producer,but David Kelly is brilliant. I under stand he researched this for two years. He not only is brilliant,but he has good writers,good actors,and great medical advisors. We (everyone I’m associated with) hope Monday Morning’s stay around for a long time.

Lori April 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

My husband and I love MONDAY MORNINGS! We are into the characters and the story lines are great! David E. kelley creates the best shows!!

jeff from maine April 30, 2013 at 9:41 pm

My favorite show. Should have been called 311.

Paul April 30, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Excellent show, hope there is a second season!!

Tricia April 30, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Love, love, LOVE this show and everyone we’ve recommended it to
Has felt the same way. Please keep it on the
air…give it a chance to catch on. It’s one of the
best shows since Parenthood.

Richard simon April 30, 2013 at 9:02 pm

It’s ingesting that the audience didn’t grow for the first program to offer a real insight to the stress of the surgeons lot. Expected to be perfect they rely on a team of highly skilled technicians supporting what is often uncharted waters. How they improve is through an endless attach on their personal abilities. Held accountable and expected to bounce back with the confidence of a high wire appease artist. This program successfull dramatizes this under recognized area of healthcare and how it improves under the right guidance. Perhaps I feel that the public don’t understand or may not want to understand the humanity that these professionals live under as they endeavor to use their skills to save lives and are under the highest pressure for failure real or perceived. It’s a wonder that we have advanced at all and that there are any would be surgeons wanting to place their reputations on the line. In short it’s the best dramatization of medical development. I trust somebody understands it and decides to give it season 2. Need real drama