Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Barbara May 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Finally – a medical show worth watching. Why do they get rid of the best shows? Action, provocative, thought provoking – We need more shows like this one. Please renew Monday Mornings

Sharon May 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Absolutely…renew!!!

Deborah McFarland May 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

Love the show, great character, Riveting stories and wonderful diaglogue, shows a part of the medical profession we do no see

Deborah McFarland May 7, 2013 at 11:37 am

Please renew great show, spectacular diaglogue

danette May 7, 2013 at 10:39 am

I think the show is top notch because it shows what medical care should be and what it really is. It tackles tough subjects, often overlooked. I think it would catch on if it was better promoted. The writing really captures my interest. I am 55.

Scott May 7, 2013 at 8:38 am

One of the best shows in awhile. Love to see a second season. Maybe move to Saturday night there’s nothing on worth watching.

CLARE May 7, 2013 at 12:38 am

Oh My Gosh, Please RENEW !!! I loved this Show, I found it so interesting and couldn’t wait until the next week to watch it again. It was too short of a season and without Notice it wasn’t on anymore. I kept tuning in on Monday Nites to see if for some reason it would be back. Please, Please Bring it Back, I’m 60 and was totally thrilled to watch it !!

Also, I loved the title after I figured out what the show was all about, I thought it was different and seemed to fit nicely. Oh, I accidently viewed this after watching Dallas and it was a Hit for Me. Please Bring it Back !!!!!! Thanks … Maybe more people would watch it if it was on earlier and on a different channel.

Kathy May 6, 2013 at 11:54 pm

RENEW!! One of my favorite shows!! Great personalities and acting. I didn’t see any ads for it which might explain why it wasn’t watched more. People have to know about it to watch it.

Sandra Goodwin May 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Please bring this show back! It is my favorite! Do not cancel….

Sally-Jo May 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. It is the best!!!!!!!!!! Was wondering why all TNT is showing is playoffs for the last many weeks………….. Love the show and please keep it……….

Darlene May 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm

My husband and I loved this show, so please keep it going.

JCR In Charlotte NC May 6, 2013 at 9:37 pm

One of the Years’ Best! We need more shows and stories like the ones covered in this show. Could encourage young people to become doctors and/or healthcare leaders.

lynn May 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm

please please please renew monday mornings one of the only good shows on tv.

pat smith May 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm

One of the best medical dramas in years. Stellar cast, stellar writing. We need more shows like this. Don’t disappoint. Please renew for another season

rae May 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm