Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Elizabeth Gregg May 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I enjoyed this as the best medically related show since MASH. Realistic . . . not promoted enough – I happened on it purely by chance.
Was it cancelled by the medical profession’s opinion.. . . perhaps to realistic?

Lynn May 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I love this show. Please bring it back. Why do networks take off great shows like this one and keep junk like “The House Wives.” Please bring Monday Morning back.

DD May 18, 2013 at 9:59 am

Save the show – it’s outstanding! I never miss a show.

hal May 17, 2013 at 11:03 pm

love the show…very disappointed to learn it may not return..the cast is superb

Toni May 17, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Not enough advertising…none of my friends heard about it until I told them about the show and they all began watching it. It’s an excellent show that’s needs publicity. It’s hard to believe you’d cancel such an excellent show. ADVERTISE, PROMOTE IT!!!! IT’S A GREAT SHOW!

Debbie May 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Exciting show, My husband & I watched the show every Monday and never missed a show.
I would hate to see the show cancelled, if Mondays are a bad night for the show put it
on Tuesdays after Risole & Isle .

judy May 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm

please don’t cancel. It’s become one of my favorite television shows

Linda and Dave Kenley May 16, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Please renew this show. It is very well written, and very well cast. The hour just FLEW when watching it. We made it a point to watch and really would like to see it back. It is an intellectual show and there are many of us medical junkies!
The title is fine and fitting..now that it has a name, leave it alone! Have Sanjay promo this more!
We love Monday Morning..please keep it!

Cheryl May 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

This was a worthwhile show that depicted the reality that doctors do “screw up” and how it’s dealt with.

florence cirone May 15, 2013 at 8:08 pm

THEY MUST BE OUT OF THERE MINDS TO EVEN THINK OF CANCELLING THIS SHOW WITHOUT A DOUBT IT IS THE BEST SHOW ON T.V. MUCH MUCH BETTER THAT THAT PHONEY GREYS PLEASE DO NOT CANCELL…

manny yossinger May 15, 2013 at 12:52 pm

This was by far the best TV shows I have ever seen, I cant believe that show was canceled, there is something wrong with the public taste or is it totally me!

Pats May 14, 2013 at 9:27 pm

This is the best show in years. We needed a partner to Grey’s Anatomy. I love the new twist. I would watch this show at least three in a row (downloaded from itunes) every day until I had watched them all. I was obsessed with this show and it absolutely MUST come back for Season 2. I can’t wait to see Season 2. Pleeeaaase come back. I love all the characters especially the brain surgeon Dr. “Dead”

Dee May 13, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Monday Morning was a fantastic show that brought to the forefront the human side of the surgical profession. It had interesting scenarios, characters and a blend of drama, romance, intrigue, action and even comedy. I vote a thousand times yes to it’s return. Lots of mature people over 49 loved it in my opinion.

Brenda May 12, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I really liked Monday Morning, but had difficulty remembering when it would air. Also, like Greys Anatomy, they could use some practicality regarding all of those doctor’s on the floor. Nurses and other hospital staff run a hospital tool. All in all, I like the show and just think it needs some consistency with the scheduling.

anonymous May 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm

PLEASE keep this exceptionally well written and acted show. It has held up to the novel which was excellent. It would be a mistake to let this one get away.