Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Diane May 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Please do not cancel this show! We loved it at our house and know “many” who were anxiously waiting for another season! Our house will be very sad if it doesn’t return.

Anonymous May 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK GREAT SHOW GIVE IT A CHANCE

Maria Gonzales May 27, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Love the show and enjoyed knowing on how “Monday mornings” are in real life. The cast is wonderful and hopefully it will return for season II.

EDWARD KASOLD May 26, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Monday Mornings was absolutely the best television program on air.

It is impossible to believe that the show will not be back.

BRING IT BACK!!!

Anonymous May 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I hope Monday Mornings will not be cancelled. I loved the show.

Pat May 23, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Definitely renew……Great show and it barely had a chance.

Ronager May 23, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I definitely think the show should be renewed. It is better than HOUSE and that is saying something

Charlee May 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Reniw we love it11

Raven Howard May 23, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I LOVE the show MONDAY MORNINGS
TNT We Know Drama. TNT no you don’t because you never would have canceled the show Monday Mornings
This show will be missed. Bring it back please.

THIS MSG WAS APPROVED BY Raven Howard

crystal May 23, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I love the show & I hope it comes back on, but if it doesn’t I won’t be surprised, I remember what happened 2 Hawthorn!!

kathy May 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Please leave this show on . I think it was great! entertaining, humorous and a great drama with interesting and real life scenarios. I saw a list of shows being cancelled
and I am disappointed , alot of them are shows I really like to watch. Then again
you have the stupid, ignorant Kartrash !!! who never seem to get cancelled, imaging that.
I really don’t understand ther reasoning.

lawrence lum, DDS May 22, 2013 at 11:45 am

monday mornings in most entertaining, intelligent, and very informative; makes me cackle by its hilarity
please bring it back on network TV

Kenny g May 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I loved the show and it should not be cancelled. Big mistake on TNT’s part if they do.

Karen May 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

Monday mornings is a wonderful show. The entire cast is fabulous. I’ll never understand how shows that have meaning are sent to the garbage heap and these reality shows that are so silly are renewed. What happened to tv worth watching. Shame on TNT for canceling one of the best shows on tv. Please give it another chance.
An Avid Fan

vickie aylor May 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I have been waiting for the show to come back on. I agree advertising was minimal. It was one of the most intelligent program that deals with pertinent subjects..It was a caring, thoughtful, sometimes humorous and emotional program. Shows like 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly that show people as idiots are still on. To say nothing of all the shows about sex, drinking, lying, cheating, stealing are still on.TNT has some of my favorite shows and to see this one cancelled is very disappointing. I do hope another network picks it up and promotes it with the respect it deserves. I am positive if promoted, it will be financially beneficial to the network who is smart enough to pick it up.