Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Lorenzo November 23, 2013 at 12:55 am

The show is very refreshing….

apelila November 2, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I liked it. Much better than a lot of the trash that is on; revenge, hostages, deception all dramas that stink.

Latshaw October 21, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Madeline October 21, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I really liked this show.
The characters were terrific.
I do hope it will return!

Melanie October 21, 2013 at 11:06 am

I miss this show terribly. It was one of my alltime favorites. I really wish taht youy guys would bring it back. The problem may be that there was not much advertising. The show was both intense and engaging. These were real life issues that both doctors and patients face on a daily basis. I love love love Monday Mornings. Please bring it back.

Holly skaggs October 19, 2013 at 7:42 am

What a bad move from the network. I work tape it so my husband and I could watch it together we both enjoyed it , the actors and writers , and storyline was absolutely great. I myself was in the medical field, was a or nurse , and this was very true to life , I hope if TNT will not change their minds maybe some other network will pick this show up and run with it, with a shame when they leave shows on that our not worth leaving your TV on for and then they take such a smart and well written show of like this, who is making these decisions

cc jones October 9, 2013 at 9:27 am

one of the best shows i have seen in a while, whats wrong with these dumb asses?

Katrina October 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Very disappointed Monday Mornings was not renewed. It was a quality show.

Darleen October 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I LOVED Monday Mornings. Only about 3 shows that I really liked, and now you are planning to take it off and leave that other trash on?!?!? Just amazing

Give me Longmire, Dallas and Monday Mornings and I am Happy, Happy, Happy (Also give me Duck Dynasty, Jack!)

Karen Ruth October 6, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Think this is an excellent show and should not be cancelled. Maybe it needs more advertising.

Beth M October 5, 2013 at 11:39 pm

We love this show please bring it back. It amazes me the shows they keep and get rid of good ones like this. Please please bring it back.

Darleen October 6, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I’m with you!!! So much TV is nothing but trash. I’m so tired of the so called action-packed shows. Thanks for your input to this.

vicky October 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm

This was a great show we looked forward to watching it every Monday. All we watch now it seems is castle over and over and over tnt needs to do a lot better

Maribeth Park September 25, 2013 at 3:25 am

I am TERRIBLY upset that this GREAT show has been cancelled. The story line was superb, the acting excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it as did my 92 year old Mom, my sister and my hubby!! BRING IT BACK!!

Anonymous October 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

I agree that MM should be renewed . As why are the 18-49 in control of what we get to watch ?

Carol September 20, 2013 at 8:29 am

One of the better shows by far, good writing, good acting, give it time to grow it’s audience…..PLEASE.

Karen Lengel September 18, 2013 at 11:07 am

My granddaughter and I absolutely loved this show. I actually would watch it twice, because it came on past her bedtime , so we would watch it again the following day. It was by far the best new show on TV, loved all the characters. Please bring it back!