Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

suzanne April 14, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I loved this programme why cancel it iam gutted and disappointed

kay April 1, 2014 at 12:25 am

Please bring back the Monday Morning show! It was brilliantly written and intriguing, the acting was excellent. This show definitely needed more publicity, and it probably would’ve been a huge hit.

Patty Bowling March 17, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Please bring this show back! We watched every episode.Monday Morning ,in my opinion,didn’t get the advertisement that Dallas and a few other got.Sell Monday Morning like you did Dallas and I’m sure it will have more watchers!

Debbie March 18, 2014 at 11:41 am

Yes it is very disappointing to hear that this show didn’t get the reviews required to keep it on air.
Please bring Monday Mornings back to the US, as we understand what is happening on the show. All the actors are great, and it was full of suspense. Just advertise more on other channels Please?

Debbie March 3, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I have searched and searched on TNT for season 2 “Monday Morning” to return . This was an awesome TV show, please bring it back. Maybe a lot of viewers didn’t know about the show. You need more previews on the other channels. Dallas viewers come from the past viewers 20 years ago. Monday Mornings show was a great show. I suggest having “The Doctor’s”, preview it and everyone will watch. I am also a loyal fan of The Doctors TV show.

I would call it “The Mob Doctor”
Sincerely, please return
Debbie

Mary February 5, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Please bring back Monday Morning TV show. I loved it. l Looked forward tp watching every week!!!

Cheryl January 29, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Please bring this show back. A real good series without a vulgar and sexual undertone. There are a lot of us out there that just want good clean entertainment. The acting is superb and seems just so real. I want to see it returned.

Linda January 29, 2014 at 1:51 am

I really enjoyed this show and I was looking so forward to its return. When I watched this show I told family and friends the fact that it was not heavily advertised maybe a factor in not many viewers. When I was passing the word around about this show no one had even heard of it, but when they watched the show they loved it. Please bring this show back advertise give it a chance. Love all the cast, please !

Mallory January 6, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Please bring it back I want to see it why can you bring it bring I want to see it bring it back now I want it to see it watch program I like it bring it back don”t not cancel the second season and bring it back it is a nice show it watch so bring it back now if you have the got to do it if you being it back it will be nice if you to do it don’t not cancel it bring it back now so I can see it I want to see it and the seasons so I can Touch up on them so I can see all of the season can you play the Marathon of it so I can see all the episodes so I can see all if them and all of the season the Second season two you should bring it back so I can see it’s you are going to put on it right know

Patty January 5, 2014 at 6:27 pm

It’s really a shame that quality shows don’t stay on the air. I think part of the problem is too many darn channels and no one knows about the shows and by the time they do it’s too late! Quality acting, quality camera work, quality scripts – a real shame.

Anonymous January 6, 2014 at 6:04 pm

please bring it back I would like to have it back on tv so I can get it back I would like to see it I like it it was a great program to watch I wish you would put it back on

Pete January 3, 2014 at 10:27 am

I find it rather sad that the show isn’t getting a second season.
I found it exiting, thoughtful, well presented and did well at conjuring all manner of emotion.
I don’t think the title of the show helped to be fair as my parents first mentioned it and recommended it but the title just didn’t seem to grab me. However after the first episode i watched I was hooked.

I really hope another channel picks it up and runs with it for a second season and would like to see what audience figures were achieved from the UK airing on FOX?
Perhaps if the UK airing was good enough they may pick up and run with it.

It deserves a second season!

BRENDA RICCI December 29, 2013 at 10:17 am

Im truely sorry “Monday Mornings” is not returning. I’ve worked in the medical field for 25 years, currently in a Hospital and I think it one of the most honest upfront look at what happens in a hospital. how sick some people really can be and how MD’s handle each patient, and how Hospitals deal with fellow employees, MD’s included. I thought it gave the non medical people a real perspective on how it works. Each show caught my attention and opened my eyes and made me think. I have been waiting for this show to return, the last episode left me wanting more, needing to know what happened. Heads up for showing the non-medical people that we hospital employees do care and its not just for the $$$… Please bring it back. Please. Brenda

Penny December 28, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Dang it. I thought it was terrific…figures. What a shame.

Madeline December 29, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Well is it canceled or not?

admin December 29, 2013 at 11:17 pm

It has been cancelled.

Patty Bowling March 17, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Please tell them to beef up the advertisements and bring it back <3

Liam December 11, 2013 at 5:54 am

When they brought this show on in the UK, it is great. Absolutely gutted that it will not be continued for a second series. Really, it sucks! Disappointing. Very disappointing.