Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 – April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

joanne odachowski May 23, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I really enjoyed this series it was the only medical series that dealt with some of the
more common errors that really happen in hospitals. I thought all of the actors did
a very good job. Hope it is renewed by some network.

Joe Backer May 23, 2013 at 6:39 am

DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW !!!!!

Kwilltr May 22, 2013 at 10:05 am

One of the best medical shows ever! The characters were fabulous and the acting superb. Please bring it back!!

ramon May 21, 2013 at 11:03 pm

TNT I was very hooked on this show , it gave something to look forward to watch your channel every Monday! There for I believe there should be second season and I’m sure there’s more viewers out there that can agree with me.

Sue & Mike May 21, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Love the show. At least as good as House. Regular viewers. Especially loved Dr. Park. I’ve actually seen doctors this abrupt. At least he has an excuse (language)

myra May 18, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I loved it and as a retired ER/ICU RN it is very realistic. Please bring it back. The characters are each so unique.

Nancy May 18, 2013 at 10:23 am

Monday Mornings was best tv show ever on TNT. My favorite show this year. My husband & I watched together each week. We recorded all episodes. How can we get it back? Any chance at all?

Nancy May 18, 2013 at 10:19 am

Monday Mornings is one of the best shows that TNT has ever put on the air. It was my favorite show this year. How do we get it back ?

Jo May 18, 2013 at 4:57 am

A real shame something like this was cancelled – was enjoying it very much.

Kathie May 17, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Monday Mornings was an excellent show. Has/had a steady following. And yet TNT follows the lineup with CBS, NBC, ABC etc in cancelling good shows in favor of more reality crap!! So disgusted with tv nowadays.

Kelly D. May 16, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I am super bummed to find out this show has been cancelled. I just don’t get it. Great shows like this get cancelled after one (really good) season, yet stupid reality shows go on and on forever. David E. Kelley makes awesome shows, almost no bad creations that I can remember. If TNT doesn’t want it, I sure hope one of the other networks picks it up. In just a couple of episodes it became one of my favorites!

Michael May 16, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Great show ! One of the best “doctor” shows ever! Someone should pick it up. Many of our friends love it too

Lisa Cammel May 16, 2013 at 9:57 am

As a nurse of over 24 years, I truly appreciated this show and it’s real life stories. Please consider letting another network pick it up. This is an extremely talented cast who deserves to further prove themselves.

Tim May 15, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I think Monday Mornings was great. I generally don’t like doctor/hospital shows. However, when I saw the ads for it and saw David Kellys name attached, I had to give it a go. Love the show. As is typical of a David Kelly show, it is over the top at times but that is part of the fun. Kind of like Boston Public and Boston Legal go medical. To bad its leaving. It is soooo much better then a lot of shows being renewed.

Bonnie May 15, 2013 at 10:17 am

One of the best shows on TV. Looked forward to Monday nights. DO NOT CANCEL!!!