Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 — April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

LINDA June 23, 2013 at 6:27 pm

PLEASE RENEW THIS SERIES DR G! WE HAVE ALOT OF MEDICAL ISSUES IN MY FAMILY. WE NEED THIS SHOW, I LOVE IT!

Pat S. June 22, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Add me to the list that really enjoyed this show.
I don’t usually watch medical shows, but the actors in this one caught my eye, so I watched episode 1 and was hooked.
So much junk/garbage on TV and good shows that are well acted like this one get cancelled? Makes NO sense.

sue June 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT SEASON WITHOUT EVEN A DOUBT THAT IT WILL BE RENEWED. I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT ITS CANCELATION AS I WAS LOOKING FOR THE DVD SET OF THE FIRST SEASON. I WAS QUITE TAKEN ABACK. I LOVE THE SCRIPT AND THE WORDS THA FLOW OUT OF DR. HOOTEN’S MOUNTH. I GUESS ANYTHING WITHOUT THE SEX WRITTEN IN LIKE IN GREY’S ANATOMY IS NOT DEEMED WORTHY. SOMEONE MENTIONED ABOUT BETTER PROMOTION. I ACTUALLY LEARNED ABOUT THIS SERIES DURING AN INTERVIEW OF DR. GUPTA IN ONE OF THE PM TALK SHOWS. THIS IS SUCH A CLASS SHOW AND MY DAUGHTER JUST BACK FROM COLLEGE FOR WHOM I SAVED A COUPLE OF EPISODES (DEUX MACHINA AND COMMUNION) LOVED IT TOO. SHE IS A MUSIC MAJOR THUS SAID EPISODES. SHE WAS LOOKING FOR MORE. GLAD PERCEPTION LIVES FOR ANOTHER SEASON. THIS IS ANOTHER INTELLIGENTLY WRITTEN SERIES. Pls. bring this back. Give it another chance. I have been telling people about it. Seems like they never want this to succeed thus hardly any promotion.

Theresa Johnson June 21, 2013 at 10:23 am

My husband and I loved this show! Bring it back please! Shows like this should be on instead of the umpteenth season of survivor or big brother. This show had some intelligence!

lesley gurney June 19, 2013 at 7:19 am

please keep this show we love it it made my mondays a lot better,

Anf June 18, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I loved this show! I usually don’t really care for hospital shows, but this show showed the hospital, the doctors and their flaws in a way that I had never seen before. I also like the funny moments on the show as well. I wish that they would truly reconsider!!

joe June 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm

why are great shows like this being cancelled while junk like reality shows stay on the air. I really liked this show, it showed the responsibility that doctors and nurses have to live up to.

Pam June 18, 2013 at 12:54 am

Please don’t cancel this show. It is the best medical drama on TV . I look forward to it every Monday night. It is real life drama. Please reverse your decision.

Raphael M June 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Tremendous cast and characters. Hands down, the best program on television today.

Raphael M June 16, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Hands down, the best program on television today. Tremendous cast and story lines unseen on television today.

Christopher St. John June 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

I hope they do not cancel this show, I’m still mad that they cancelled the show “Saved”.

annnn June 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I really liked this show. It had some of my old favorite actors and I discovered some new favorites. Please bring this intelligent show back

Deb June 13, 2013 at 11:45 am

This was a really big mistake, again! Several series were cancelled this year, really bad choices. Working in the Health Care setting as someone who was privy to Ethics Committee meetings (not as elaborate as this series) I truly enjoyed seeing the different approach to medicine this series provided as opposed to the others we are currently viewing or ending. More down and dirty, truth and life altering decisions rather than the usual, doc meets other doc, doc meets nurse and so on. That being said many of the potential viewers probably in the arena themselves were probably too busy or on call to catch on to the fact this series even existed. Although as claimed, Monday Mornings never found it’s audience I believe a second season with a bit more hoopla around it’s presence would have resulted in the audience finally finding this great series. For what it’s worth the reality of the closer to actual life scenarios (i.e. MD’s with poor bedside manners, different MD personalities that rang more true to real), the change from the typical medical drama was what was so attractive. Really need to take a second look at this wonderful series. BTW, this was my 28 year old son’s favorite new series this year as were some of his friends.

Jim June 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

Please bring the series back. This was my favorite program. Always looked forward to Monday evening. I know my family and friends enjoyed Monday Mornings as well. Please continue airing Monday Mornings…… Thanks

Michmaker June 12, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Please bring this show back! It was my favorite new show of the Season. So disappointed that such a well-written and well-acted show was just removed without a thought to the viewers! Typical…