Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 — April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

549 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sharon Farris says

I really enjoyed this show. I’m a senior citizen and there is not a lot on T.V. that I care to watch but this is one of the good ones. Please bring it back.

2. VALADIA says

PLEASE !!! DO NOT LET THIS BE THE END ! MONDAY MORNINGS

IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOWS….

3. d buckley says

I really enjoyed watching “Monday Mornings”. All the great shows get cancelled while the stupid reality shows keep going on and on. Seems like good dramas are going to be a thing of the past, and that is a shame!!!

4. Czar717 says

I loved this series wth happened im very upset that its cancelled TNT made a dummy move I hope the creator goes to HBO or SHOWTIME

5. Dr. Alice R. Wiedenhoff says

This show is a very well-done drama, and more true-to-life than shows such as GRAY’S ANATOMY, which is certainly not. Also, RIZZOLI & ISLES 7 approval from fans on IMDb, and this show, a 7.3.

Alice R. Wiedenhoff, MSN, Phd, MS Psychopharmacoloy

6. barbara mackay says

MONDAY MORNINGS: One of my favorite shows!! Really sorry to see that one go away. I looked forward to it each and every week!!! What are you thinking???

7. Carol Gentry says

This was the only TV drama I watched. I loved it and would DVR it if I wasn’t going to be home. I read the book also. PLEASE renew this marvelous show!

8. says

P…l..e..a..s..e do not cancel this wonderful show. It was the best on TV. Consider airing on another night rather than Monday’s. You are competing with too many shows in that time slot. People didn’t get a chance to catch on to your show.

9. kenneth.M says

I personally never liked any show that was set in a hospital from E.R to scrubs . However Monday mornings broke that trend . Absolutely love this show and want to see it back. And three words if it gets canceled TNT “don’t do Dead”..”Do you feel me “

10. says

I have been eagerly awaiting the new season of Monday Mornings to air. I was so curious to find out the second season’s start date, that I looked on the internet this evening. I am incredibly disappointed to find out that it has been cancelled. It was a refreshing change from all the CSI’s & Law & Order type shows. Today, most TV series show violence, and/or questionable sexual content. Most reality shows are mindless and disgusting. I really believe you have made a Big Mistake. You had a quality series which was well written and had an exceptional cast. It is very disturbing to me that so many things in our society today have been DUMBED DOWN to the lowest common denominator, which seems to be going lower every day! Please rethink this decision.