Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 – April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

debbie robertson September 23, 2013 at 11:16 pm

This is one of the best TV shows of all-time. Better than Dallas (I hate to admit.) I just cannot believe it has been cancelled. What is wrong with you people? Not enough boobs popping out of blouses, or bad language? Not all of America is simple-minded. Please bring this show back.

Candy September 23, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I knew it was too good to be true. I finally found a show that was worth the crazy amount I at for cable and they snatch it away. How can we petition the powers that be to get this well deserved show back on?

Tim September 22, 2013 at 5:31 pm

What a terrible shame a well written and acted show like Monday Mornings was cancelled. Though I am hardly surprised. It seems we are destined to make television a true vast wast land of reality television which have people in it, that the only dialog they can muster are profanity and the F Bomb that is constantly bleeped out .

The fact that their seems to be a growing audience for this reality tv trash is something I find truly scary. And that the networks will not give quality shows a chance to gain an audience is even more troubling.

Rosa September 20, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I love this show, please – please bring it back! Unexpected casting! Great performances! Far better than ER, which I quit watching years before it went off.

Beverly September 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

One of the most enjoyable and different shows on TV. An absolute favorite. So much garbage on and they cancel a show that lets you exercise your brain and deliver an entirely new concept . I do hope they bring it back.

VIRGINIA September 19, 2013 at 4:28 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK THIS WONDERFUL SHOW.

Sharon September 19, 2013 at 10:55 am

This was a superb drama with a lot of humor injected at just the right time. Cannot convey how hard it is to believe this was canceled.

Bettina September 18, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I am so upset this show has been cancelled. My boyfriend and I enjoyed this show very much and were extremely excited for the season 2. Hopefully something can be done to bring it back .

Anonymous September 18, 2013 at 12:08 am

Best hospital show since ER

Janice September 17, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Monday Morning was an excellent show and should be brought back. I don’t understand
why networks cancel excellent shows and insist on airing “reality tv”. I don’t know about
how anyone else feels, but with the world in the situation that it is in I would rather watch good dramas on tv as a repast from my daily life thanwatch how other people live their lives (and some badly) reminding me how bad the world is getting. Bring on the fiction…..non-fiction is a drag.

Craig September 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Bill Irwin’s character Buck Tierney is my favorite. Least liked of the staff, why?, because he seems to lack compassion towards the people who are family members of recently departed loved ones. Transplant surgeons are working under the gun, they have to get the organs out of the dead and into the living before cell degeneration occurs, no time to consider feelings. Jorge Villaneuva nick named el Gato,which I believe means big cat is more considerate, but no less passionate, I remember the episode where the teenage girl had hemorrhaging around the lungs I believe, could not have been the heart that would have required the rib spreader. Girl if I recall was a Christian Scientist disillusioned cult who believes god will cure anything that ills you if you pray and are a firm believer, Jorge went right in and drained the blood. As for people diagnosed with severe brain trauma due to brain hemorrhages my mother died at the age of 56 from brain stem hemorrhage were told by Neurosurgeon she could be kept alive on life support units, but most likely never be able to survive without, Sad fact is there are people who simply cannot admit to themselves that when a person is diagnosed as brain dead they are dead such as in the case of Terry Shiavo. Dr. Sung Park, my attitude for Latin Americans who refuse to learn or speak English in public is nothing but contempt, but Dr. Park strives to express himself in English, because we are referring to people portraying people with severe life threatening conditions Dr. Park is not always left with the luxury of trying to express himself eloquently in English, so he cuts to the chase, to some that might seem calloused, but would they rather him waste time trying to express himself in sympathetic fashion or get to the chase. Monday Mornings is 1 of the most thought provoking television series I have seen in years. I hope TNT reconsiders, just do me a favor and not run it at the same time as Longmire which another 1 of my favorite Cable television shows, along with Falling Skies, but that currently airs on Sunday evenings, so no conflict there, at least not yet.

Dale September 16, 2013 at 10:51 pm

My wife and I liked the show and hope it comes back. It was as good or better than ER.

Carol September 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I also think the show was brilliantly written and the acting was superb. I hope you will bring it back on. Surely, they could cancel a pawn shop, towing, gator or turtle man program to make room for a good show.

Craig September 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Considering Cable already has Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn, who needs Pawn Shop, then you have those various versions of Real ROFLAO Wives, talk about completely unrealistic, to me all Reality television only appeal to those who loathe their own lives, I’ll admit I do, but not going to buy into television shows that in the scheme of things have nothing to do with the real world, in many ways fiction is more real than those allegedly real reality shows, fans!, get a tight grasp on.

Butterfly September 14, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I, too, think this was a brilliant medical-based show! It was not only informative but it portrayed a thought-provoking and highly-ethical-standard way of thinking for medical professionals…smugness brought into focus and insecurity given reinforcement. I looked forward to each episode and the lessons/considerations presented. I hope that some discerning network will add it to its lineup…PLEASE!!!!!!!

Milan September 14, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I thought the show was brilliant . Excellent actors. Very good writers. I wish it would come back on.