Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 – April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Catherine Box January 3, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I really enjoyed Monday Mornings. I didn’t watch any other sitcom last year except that one. Please bring it back.

tim January 3, 2014 at 2:54 pm

excellent show! definately should have another season or 10.every week was interesting, and left you wanting to see more.loved alfred molina’s character!

P M January 3, 2014 at 10:31 am

Why can’t the good shows remain and the bad ones go? This was a fantastic, creative series that kept your interest. The characters and actors were very entertaining. Someday, just maybe, the viewing audience will have a say in “who stays and who goes.”

Jacques January 1, 2014 at 10:37 pm

AM soo shocked that this show was cancelled/do not understand why/really enjoyed this show/

Ceri January 1, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I looked this up to see when the next season was going to start only to find out it was canceled! I am so upset right now! This was an amazing show! Bring it back Darnit!

Jacki December 21, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Once again stupid TV producers take off something good, so the garbage reality and junk TV. Wish they would get picked up by another network.

Judy December 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I am shocked! That was such a great show! Please Please renew it!

ken December 17, 2013 at 11:27 am

as a rule, I hate all series television, but Monday mornings is my only exception. it is the best I’ve ever seen, and I never missed an episode, looking forward to the next season. tnt, you are idiots if you do not bring it back. cancel some of the garbage to make room. there is so much trash, with all of the worthless citcoms and phoney laughter in the background. tnt has always had my respect….I hope that continues…bring Monday mornings BACK!!

Judy December 17, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I am with you Ken, get rid of some of this reality TV!

Jackie December 16, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Loved this program….

morningstar smith December 15, 2013 at 7:59 am

one of the best shows ive ever watched! bring it back!

Great show December 14, 2013 at 4:01 pm

I can’t believe this show got canceled! It’s as real to what actually happens in hospitals and m&m meetings. I’ve been in medicine for years and these things actually happen people. Because people don’t get chased, becomes zombies and blow up things it’s not worthy of tv.
Bring it back. One show I never missed.

vernette December 13, 2013 at 11:00 am

BRING IT BACK PLEASE! Toooooooooo many excellent/funny/mind stimulating /thought provoking/timely David E. Kelley series have been cancelled i.e..Boston Legal, Harry’s Law. One thinks there exists a vendetta against David E. Kelley’s modus operandi! NEILSON BOX/POLES? Who does that? Send me one!!!!!

Diane December 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I’ll never understand why a great series gets cancelled when the same old crap stays on year and year after dull year. Bring this series back, it was one of the best on in 2013

Anonymous December 8, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Bring it back!!!!!!

AML November 30, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Seriously?! Cancelled?! There aren’t a lotta shows I’ll watch @ the scheduled air time. The few I do, I’ll catch on TW Cable’s “On Demand”. If I had a DVR, i’d defintely record Monday Mornings. How r these ratings monitored? Is the Neilson box still in use? Somebody needs 2 send me one! Bring this show back & employ the same actors in their original roles. This was an entertaining, educational, & dramatic series that kept me talking abt it for days.